• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tickets going well,reception hotline!!

Fareham Grecian

Closer to 7000 by the time you include season ticket holders, hospitality, wags etc.

Apparently the BB tickets will, at the current rate be gone by the end of the day.
Manc you have strangely ignored all requests to clarify this post - where did you get this info and is/was it true? Exiles and travellers are panicking up and down the land and we have no idea whether it's worth turning up, however early, on Saturday...

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems as though the club has dropped a major clanger in not making this all ticket. All the seats are now gone, and the majority of standing places have gone too.

So on Saturday we're going to get massive queues for virtually no places as people will try to get in on the gate, and then we'll have masses of disappointed fans milling about the place wondering why they can't get in and also wondering why it wasn't made all ticket.

Plus fans with tickets will be stuck randomly throughout the queues unable to get in because they're stuck in a huge queue. And it would have been so easy to avoid all of this by making the game all ticket.

We could have decided as soon as the Wycombe game was over, got the tickets sorted the following week and then made an announcement depending on the Lincoln result (I guess there'd have been less need had we lost up there) as to when they'd go on sale.

And don't give me cost and organisation - an 8,000 crowd is way above what was budgeted for so the cost of tickets is more than covered, and as with any other game that's been all ticket, we'd have got it sorted the same as we always have.

The club hasn't really covered itself in glory in this case methinks.
Agree 100%. Should have been all ticket.

I can't arrive till late on the day as it's my son's birthday party at lunch time, so my worry is that even though i've got a ticket, i'll be stuck in a stupidly long queue at about 2.30pm. The only saving grace for me is that my ticket is for the OG, where there will be hardly any pay on the gate, but i feel for anybody trying to get into the the BB or SJR end.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Plus fans with tickets will be stuck randomly throughout the queues unable to get in because they're stuck in a huge queue.
As there will be more people with tickets then people paying on the gate to get in, it would make sense to make one turnstile at each entrance pay on the gate and the others ticket entrance only......maybe?

Borat

As there will be more people with tickets then people paying on the gate to get in, it would make sense to make one turnstile at each entrance pay on the gate and the others ticket entrance only......maybe?
Thats too sensible ;)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That would seem to make sense, but having said that there are so few turnstiles per stand, it might be quite hard to organise.

Ian_Woodward

Should have been all ticket for sure. Can't be that hard to organise, i mean we're meant to be a club going into league 1 and everyones going on like we can't cope, we had 2 weeks to organise it!

Also now with everyone on here and the echo printing how so many tickets have gone people are starting to panic, some might not bother travelling down and all that.

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

I never ever ever say I told you so but...

2 weeks ago I doubt even the most optimistic of City fans would have predicted we'd be in the situation we are now
I thought it was a real possibility. Promise.

and that Saturdays game would be so important
Ditto

and that demand would be so high.
I did. Last home game, always a possibility of it being vital.

The proof of the pudding will be Saturday itself. With the away end we may spare our blushes by the skin of our teeth. We shall see. UTC

mammooman

How much will the pasties cost at half time? Will there be a queue? Will I make it back to my place in time...even if I'm on the BB? Actually, where is the Big Bank, is it the same as the Cliff Bastin Stand? Whats the half time entertainment? Is it worth watching? I'm an East Devon Grecian founder member and belong to the Trust, does that mean im entitled to 3 tickets?

Any help would be appreciated.

ps. I'm was having a conversation with a friend, who is also a city fan, he is adament we've played the likes of Canvey Island and Grays Athletic in recent years. I told him that he is not correct, I would have been at the matches. I've been a city fan for 20 years you see. Can someone back me up and confirm.

any chance of a lift
Afraid I am going down Friday night and back Sunday morning but if that works for you then yes no problem at all, PM me and I'll give you a phone number

:S

Southender alert!
not at all, I have been there and done it in the late 80's pal, stood at Stockport on a Friday night and counted 26 in the away end. so dont dare tag me as a Southender! Fact is I now work in London and reside in Swindon and my first love was always Spurs and I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years, but always happy to pass on a game and get to see City when I can, was at Brentford and not Spurs V West ham, as I always try and watch city at least 8-9 times a year