• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have no idea if this is true but i heard he had to get a said minimum points on the board by the end of the boxing day clash else he is gone like i said its only something i heard so dont no if this is true
Must be a low minimum points tally, We've only got 3 since September 16th! 🤣🤣

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I have no idea if this is true but i heard he had to get a said minimum points on the board by the end of the boxing day clash else he is gone like i said its only something i heard so dont no if this is true
that can’t be right…

Hawkers interview says there giving him funds in January.

Ian webber

Agin i have no idea but surly he cannot be trusted with a penny let alone unprecedented money ehat ever that means

Grecianman135

If a picture could speak a thousand words... Jesus the guys absolutely deluded..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Caldwell will be with us next season and the season after, and so on. The Board will not sack him irrespective of which league we will be in.

Ian webber

Do u actually think that ?

Grecian Max

What concerns me most is whether we have the expertise within the club to pick a manager. Tisdale was a great appointment, but was more than 15 years ago and, unless my memory is fooling me, Steve Perryman wouldve been active in the process? Next appointment, we had someone great internally. It was the easy (and correct) option.

Caldwell appointment... It didn't seem great from his record and what other fans were saying, but you assume the board know a bit more,... Give the guy a chance, etc. but do they know a bit more? Who's in there who knows the game? They're watching this now and listening to Caldwell describe the situation and theyre not alarmed by the dissonance? Are they seeing more than us? Or is it just that they actually know what they're doing less than the average punter? It's hard to escape the thought it's the latter.
I think had they acted within a reasonable amount of time I'd have given them the benefit of the doubt.

As it is, they just look incompetent and deers in the headlights.

I'm still struck by how they seem to think going against the very strong feeling of the support is somehow virtuous or clever, they are being made to look like absolute mugs.

I want to like and trust those in charge of this proud club.

Grecian Max

Caldwell will be with us next season and the season after, and so on. The Board will not sack him irrespective of which league we will be in.
I don't think this is realisitic

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't think this is realisitic
It isn't is it.

Steve Cotterill