• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have no idea if this is true but i heard he had to get a said minimum points on the board by the end of the boxing day clash else he is gone like i said its only something i heard so dont no if this is true
Then the only reason why he won't have already been binned is if he's within 3 points of it... What kind of mad expectations are we setting?

lamrobhero

Its all about him. That is why if I was in his dressing room he would have lost me. Thats what bothered me about the Partick SAS episode.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's this CGP business, I'm lost

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It isn't is it.
That he remains manager for years despite relegation and a complete loss of fanbase?

The board have been awful but just can't see that

yticretexe

What's this CGP business, I'm lost
Ha, CGP stands for Clueless Gary PowerPoint but the responses are in reaction to attachments to that post.

red1

ECFC have gone from a respected well run club to a laughing stock The system is broke and the people who make decisions refuse to address it. In any business, that is unforgiveable.

Ian webber

When hawker said gary is not just judged on 2 hours on a sat afternoon that did it for me , the people on the board seem to be clueless , he also did say if we do go down we will be well prepared i mean come on !

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
When hawker said gary is not just judged on 2 hours on a sat afternoon that did it for me , the people on the board seem to be clueless , he also did say if we do go down we will be well prepared i mean come on !
I think both those things are completely reasonable. Sticking with GC, however, by now, is not.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That he remains manager for years despite relegation and a complete loss of fanbase?

The board have been awful but just can't see that
I can't see what would be the tipping point at the moment.

Mid Devon Grecian

Caldwell will be with us next season and the season after, and so on. The Board will not sack him irrespective of which league we will be in.
At some point they’d have to address his contract.

Imagine giving him a shiny new one based on abject failure. Alternative would be to let ways at the end of it thus admitting you thought he wasn’t any good all along!