• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond to Wolves for 500k

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah, but I bet they don't have a small pull along ropey ferry thingy. Or a suspension bridge further up that you can jump up and down on and make wobble.
I used that ferry often as a kid. There's a suspension bridge further downstream by what used to be the matchbox factory as well as Millers bridge upstream. That of course is very on topic.

I used that ferry often as a kid. There's a suspension bridge further downstream by what used to be the matchbox factory as well as Millers bridge upstream. That of course is very on topic.
When we were kids we used to jump up and down on the suspension bridge,and it didn’t half bounce

andrew p long

When we were kids we used to jump up and down on the suspension bridge,and it didn’t half bounce
some of us still did that after we had become adults...

Ash

Some of us still do it now 😁

Alistair20000

…and into OAP years

andrew p long

meanwhile...I see Alfie hasn't featured in the last 6 Wolves U21 games. There's a game on tonight , being streamed live for free, -v- West Ham. But Alfie nowhere to be seen, as has been the case for at least 6 games now.

Anyone know what's happened? Is he injured?

AmberRed

meanwhile...I see Alfie hasn't featured in the last 6 Wolves U21 games. There's a game on tonight , being streamed live for free, -v- West Ham. But Alfie nowhere to be seen, as has been the case for at least 6 games now.

Anyone know what's happened? Is he injured?
Been out injured since before Christmas!

Memphis09

Been out injured since before Christmas!
Good job we sold him then

andrew p long

Alfie currently live on Youtube in an important match for Wolves U21s keeping their top division status

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course, players might regret opting for clubs where they might not get first team football. But if you think working class kids like Alfie Pond and Jamal Blackman (I imagine) are regret earning the kind of money their childhood peers probably only dream of, then you'd be wrong.