• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond to Wolves for 500k

budegrecian

And on for the last 9 minutes plus.
I’d like to think our ‘add ons’ include making a senior appearance.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pond would fit right in to a GC side. The lad can play out.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pond would fit right in to a GC side. The lad can play out.
He's not Welsh though so it's a no from me.

jimbo-gould

Back on loan?
Wolves are signing a Uruguayan CB from Girona. So could have legs.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure we have the Bunce to stump up for players that we don't really need. I would be surprised. 2x strikers are the priority.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suspect Chieck out the door in some manner.
Chieck is most definately not a Caldwell player he's too orthodox/old fashioned and would suit teams who play a more limited style. Given CD didn't start last night when he did in the previous round suggests Caldwell doesn't trust him on the ball. His first instinct is to launch it whereas Pond is a ball playing style CH and would more naturally provide the cover on the right for Sweenz and Will. We have cover on the left with Jules but if Gary doesn't see a role for Chieck perhaps Pond coming in makes more sense than orginally thought. It's not as if he will be bringing him in instead of a forward!
Either way Chieck will be released at the end of the season I fancy. He will get himself a league two club for sure

Grecian Max

Not sure we have the Bunce to stump up for players that we don't really need. I would be surprised. 2x strikers are the priority.
But we would (really) need Pond if we sell either Chieck or Hartridge which is something that could be on the cards.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
But we would (really) need Pond if we sell either Chieck or Hartridge which is something that could be on the cards.
Exactly, and if anyone knowledgeable has been watching, Hartridge has been absolutely imperious in the 7 games so far. Absolutely outstanding.

If he's still here on Saturday morning, a seriously hefty contract, with buy clause, should be on the table by lunchtime. A nice slice of the Sam money could be far worse spent.

Trapdoor

Exactly, and if anyone knowledgeable has been watching, Hartridge has been absolutely imperious in the 7 games so far. Absolutely outstanding.

If he's still here on Saturday morning, a seriously hefty contract, with buy clause, should be on the table by lunchtime. A nice slice of the Sam money could be far worse spent.
Agreed, the lad can play and is destined for higher levels. We should offer him a longer contract to secure our future.

manc grecian

To which he'll say thanks but no thanks