• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we ended up in league 2 i'd take Tisdale back
Not surprising really given that you were "Paul Tisdale" before your "Exeweb Deed Poll" reincarnation! :cool:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not surprising really given that you were "Paul Tisdale" before your "Exeweb Deed Poll" reincarnation! :cool:
In fairness Tisdale would not be a terrible choice even now, but he imho despite how much i like Tisdale, would not be the right choice here and now.

Grecian Max

If we ended up in league 2 i'd take Tisdale back
Alright for you to say as a Bristol City fan!

Grecian Max

In fairness Tisdale would not be a terrible choice even now, but he imho despite how much i like Tisdale, would not be the right choice here and now.
Have you seen his record? He's past it

Reactions: Ash

Grecian Max

Kevin Nicholson: Exeter City caretaker hopes club picks new boss soon - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63333572
"They just need to know if it's me great, we're on together now and let's kick on, and if it's not okay, who's coming in, get their minds at rest and stop listening to the noise."

Hahaha Kev getting antsy about not being told - does confirm he interviewed for it though (as I know there was some debate around this)

Slightly concerning he's still in the running, if we miss out on someone and then use him as back up we are going down.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Kevin Nicholson: Exeter City caretaker hopes club picks new boss soon - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63333572
Tend to agree with him here. Saturday come 5pm will basically be 3 weeks since MT told the board he was accepting the Rotherham job. I trust the decision that the club will make but do feel we are at a point where a decision needs to be made soon for everyone's benefit. I'm not for or against Nicholson getting it, but do feel that because this has now dragged on it certainly puts him in a difficult position if he were to get it. Rightly or wrongly I fear some will now feel a little deflated with that appointment, and I get the sense the whole club need a little bit of a lift right now.

Average Joe

Alright for you to say as a Bristol City fan!
Again I have never ever said I'm a Bristol fan :) Paul knows League two, he's actually a really good league two manager. I doubt many managers have a win ratio of Pauls over a similar length of time in league two.

He's an awful league one manager though.

Grecian Max

Again I have never ever said I'm a Bristol fan :) Paul knows League two, he's actually a really good league two manager. I doubt many managers have a win ratio of Pauls over a similar length of time in league two.

He's an awful league one manager though.
Just fishing mate ;)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you seen his record? He's past it
As said, he is not the right choice here and now.

rifraf

Getting fed up now. This is dragging on too long. Get on with it please.

In a previous competitive life, I came across a small select few who did the one thing worse than making a poor decision.......... not making one at all.
Tic tok tic tok tic tok tic ......