• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Cowshed Grecian

Whats happened to Rob Edwards? All gone quiet on that front.
I don’t think he was ever in the running was he? lowest odds have been 33/1 not taking that as gospel obvs.

Grecianpasty

It seems a ridiculously long time to make an announcement with the interviews being over a week ago. You can only assume that either the standout candidate rejected the job, or there are technical issues with a contract for the standout candidate, or there was no standout candidate to offer the job to, or its so tight that they've had to second interview the leading candidates which has caused some time delay. Even if its the latter this should have happened by now so I have no idea why there's such a hold up.
I was told that there was a second round of interviews scheduled this week. Which, if true, would make me think that an appointment before the Fleetwood game would be unlikely.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was told that there was a second round of interviews scheduled this week. Which, if true, would make me think that an appointment before the Fleetwood game would be unlikely.
If second interviews were this week they should still make an appointment and an announcement before the Fleetwood game, even if the manager is sat in the stands for this game and KN takes the dugout.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Liz Truss for manager? Could soon be available.Good at reshuffling the team.

Rosencrantz

Liz Truss for manager? Could soon be available.Good at reshuffling the team.
Kevin Nicholson announced caretaker PM. Nicky Ajose helping at the Home Office.

dontpassback

The longer this drags on,whichever way you look at it,is not beneficial for the players,supporters and coaching staff,I fully understand that we need to get the right man in,but delay and uncertainty don’t help

Grecianpasty

Kevin Nicholson announced caretaker PM. Nicky Ajose helping at the Home Office.
Ajose - Strength and Conditioning

Rosencrantz

I think you mean strong and stable 🤣

CC

Makes him sound like a shampoo.

rifraf

Getting fed up now. This is dragging on too long. Get on with it please.

In a previous competitive life, I came across a small select few who did the one thing worse than making a poor decision.......... not making one at all.