• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Red Monster

Are we only going for a out of work manager ,or are we going for
somebody who’s in a job and the club really wants ,and are trying to thrash out a deal?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you really know genuinely that the club is "Dithering" over an appointment of the manager? I have always said this is a huge appointemnt, Not an automatic promote within scenario, I'm happy they've not jumped straight into an appointment within hours, Yes it worked with MT but that told me (In time) he was an obvious choice and we haven't that obvious choice this time, Saying all this i do believe they need to bring this to an end and get someone in but all in all to me they're being sensible.
Dithering may have been the wrong word, however my concern is that whilst we wait to make our decision, other vacancies are becoming available which could affect our appointment selection

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dithering may have been the wrong word, however my concern is that whilst we wait to make our decision, other vacancies are becoming available which could affect our appointment selection
You could argue with vacancies becoming available that also means new potential options for us becoming available too.

Grecianpasty

Dean Holden new favourite for city manager at 1/1

It says on his Wiki page that he was appointed ECFC manager yesterday!

wiveygrecian

Which bookie is that because bet victor have suspended bets

Average Joe

Wiki says...

''On 19th October 2022, Holden was appointed as First Team Manager at Exeter City Football Club on a 2.5 year deal, running until the summer of 2025, replacing Matthew Taylor following his departure to Rotherham United Football Club weeks before''

What absolute Tosh.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wiki says...

''On 19th October 2022, Holden was appointed as First Team Manager at Exeter City Football Club on a 2.5 year deal, running until the summer of 2025, replacing Matthew Taylor following his departure to Rotherham United Football Club weeks before''

What absolute Tosh.
Probably true given club announced MTs departure prematurely

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
The screename of the wiki editor, out of interest:

Screenshot_20221020_122207.jpg

Average Joe

If this is true it's another shambles. The club should be releasing the information to the supporters