• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed, a good question. There is an alternative universe somewhere where Josh was sold in January; three of our narrow wins ended as draws instead and we lost in the play offs. And some people would (understandably?) be saying that selling Key in January was crazy, lacked ambition and cost us promotion.
"Counterfactual history" was popular for a time but it's pretty pointless. Best left to Hollywood SF movies.

There is also the real universe when Watkins stayed in the January to help our promotion push, on the understanding he would go to Brentford in the summer, but we still didn't go up. He then went to them, for less than another club had offered, but the rest is history...

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Key had gone would we have gone up? Genuine question, put a value on promotion.
I don’t think Josh had anywhere near as good a season as the previous one. Caprice would have switched to the right which you would have loved and we’d still have gone up!

grecIAN Harris

I don’t think Josh had anywhere near as good a season as the previous one. Caprice would have switched to the right which you would have loved and we’d still have gone up!
That's about the size of it.........

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

iscalad

Too many midfielders in that lot.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I disagree with his profiling. I think MT will be looking for experienced players this summer.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I disagree with his profiling. I think MT will be looking for experienced players this summer.
ideally, but usually experienced = expensive (unless they are well over 30 and on the way down)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't realise it was only ourselves and Derby from L1 who haven't signed anyone yet! :confused:

STURTZ

Who would have played up the left? Colin Daniel?

andrew p long

Yes,and sadly when he cites a more experienced player in Jordan Tunnicliffe we are likely to lose out to National League Wrexham as they are (?) one of the clubs paying higher wages than ECFC?