• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

simcity

£1.6m is mental we should have taken that
That figure came from a player as well so think it’s legit. Apparently they said we could keep him on loan until end of the season as well.

Doubt we’ll get more than that now either…

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
That figure came from a player as well so think it’s legit. Apparently they said we could keep him on loan until end of the season as well.

Insane if true, would have snappedtheir hand off. I like Josh but he wasn’t our best player by some margin.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Talking to a Celtic fan colleague, very into Scottish football - Lee Griffiths as a striker is a free agent I believe. I understand perhaps needs a break from the Scotland scene due to various personal issues. Apparently went to Falkirk and took a lower wage just to play. A long shot.
Er, no thanks.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
£1.6m is mental we should have taken that
I was told, from someone who should know, that the club valued key at 1.4m and we were offered close to 1m from Sunderland so turned it down.

I have no idea what Blackburn offered but I struggle to believe we refused 1.6m for a defender. If we did then the valuation of 1.4m is clearly not true.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Common sense tells you this simply isnt real. Why would we as a selling club turn down a deal above our own valuation with a cast iron loan to the end of the season!!! Either someone has their wires crossed or someone at the club was somewhat delusional about what Josh could be worth :)

simcity

Common sense tells you this simply isnt real. Why would we as a selling club turn down a deal above our own valuation with a cast iron loan to the end of the season!!! Either someone has their wires crossed or someone at the club was somewhat delusional about what Josh could be worth :)
Only relaying what one of the players told me when I bumped into them during the back end of the season!

Whether or not it’s true who knows but Sunderland looking at Key was last summer rather than January as far as I’m aware!

Rosencrantz

Grounds signing makes our 4 or 5 players in now very straight forward.

Goalkeeper x 1
Left Back/Wing Back x 1
Strikers x 2

The "or 5"
Midfielder x 1 (probably on loan to cover Taylor).

Of course any player going out will change things.

STURTZ

If Key had gone would we have gone up? Genuine question, put a value on promotion.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Grounds signing makes our 4 or 5 players in now very straight forward.

Goalkeeper x 1
Left Back/Wing Back x 1
Strikers x 2

The "or 5"
Midfielder x 1 (probably on loan to cover Taylor).

Of course any player going out will change things.
I think you’re right. I would definitely like another CM with Taylor being out long term. It’s going to be a brutal season, so I’m not sure 3 CMs is enough to be honest.

andrew p long

If Key had gone would we have gone up? Genuine question, put a value on promotion.
Indeed, a good question. There is an alternative universe somewhere where Josh was sold in January; three of our narrow wins ended as draws instead and we lost in the play offs. And some people would (understandably?) be saying that selling Key in January was crazy, lacked ambition and cost us promotion.