• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
This chimes with articles by Andrew Rawnsley in The Observer yesterday and Nick Timothy in the Telegraph today.

They agree the dullness and lack of charisma are not Sir Keith’s main problem. The failure to show a plan to meet the economic and other difficulties we face and the failure to say what Labour really stands for are said to be the real issues. What are the true instincts and beliefs of the party ?

This criticism applies every bit as much to the wretched government we have but that might not be enough for them to be kicked out.
The plan is to unveil a plan at this year's Conference apparently. Then we'll all be thrilled at last and a grateful nation will put its faith in a Labour future. A decade of Starmerism beckons.....

Grecian2K

The plan is to unveil a plan at this year's Conference apparently.
It'd better be an "oven ready" plan - just in case brave Sir Boorish makes a dash for the polls in October, before the impact of the CoL crisis really starts to be felt

Mr Jinx

Further divisions today in Labour.

Plenty of Labour MP's having their pictures taken on Rail picket lines today despite Kier's orders that no MP was to get involved.

They're completely snookered over that as well.

IndoMike

Of course you are entitled to say what you like. It’s just that you seem close to blowing a gasket over something that does not directly concern you. Feel the 💗 from Tedburn for your welfare chap.

As regards Brexit, the outcome will take many years to determine. We are free of a loathsome undemocratic organisation which is a good start. The fact that the Government is failing to secure the advantages that Brexit opens up is a different matter.
Thank you for your concern, but I can assure you that my blood pressure is a constant 120/110 - 80/70 due to my heathy lifestyle.
I thought it was really ironic that you said that we are free of undemocratic Govt, when you have a PM who does his very best to hide his lies, incompetence and trickery from Parliament, which is at the heart of our democracy. Johnson is only democratic when he can't get away with his undemocratic actions.
The EU is democratic, it's just that it is more centralised.
You still haven't listed the advantages of Brexit - you're only saying that Johnson's Govt hasn't taken advantage of them.
It's the one question not even Tories can answer, but you couldn't ask a more pertinent question about Brexit. Of course, it's pretty embarrassing for Brexiters when they can't answer, so they deflect and ramble on about Labour or other irrelevant trivia.
It's the age we live in : the ago of misinformation and unwillingness that we were wrong.

DB9

Plenty of Labour MP's having their pictures taken on Rail picket lines today despite Kier's orders that no MP was to get involved.

And again no, Starmer said to his SENIOR frontbench MP's not to go on picket lines and as of writing this only ONE has, Kate Osbourne, A Parliamentary aide has been or is on one, Starmer did not say it to all Labour MP's.

And tell us why "They're completely snookered over that as well" ?

elginCity

“The advantages that Brexit opens up”

Like being able to negotiate your own inferior trade deal !

IndoMike

A desperate attempt to deflect from the disharmony and disunity of the Tories, who even called for a vote of no confidence in their own leader.
One desperate, lone poster hanging on to the cliff edge whilst the cliff edge is crumbling down.
The game is up. People have finally woken up and smelt the coffee. Johnson and his cabinet of sycophants stink the place out.
There is no plan to level up, build more houses, improve the environment, ensure a quality health service, improve the economy, provide better jobs, increase trade, etc etc etc. They don't have the intelligence to work out strategies and implement them. It's all too much for them.
It's all "make it up as you go along", make pledges that you have no intention to keep because you're too lazy, stupid, and selfish
Johnson didn't want to become P.M in order to help society : he did it because he felt entitled to. "if Dave can do it, I can do it'.
You couldn't get a worse triad of so-called leaders as Dave, May, and Johnson. They have conspired to disunite the people, damage our institutions, harm our reputation, whilst not having a single positive impact on life in England.
It's been 12 years of failure and contempt for the British people propped up by a majority right - wing press who likewise don't give a sh•t about the average bloke and woman in the street : they only care about their murky world and the thickness of their wallet.
The country needs saving!

Grecian2K

“The advantages that Brexit opens up”

Like being able to negotiate your own inferior trade deal !
Also, according to the i today another "benefit" will be the fteedom to get rid of the cap on bankers' bonuses.
Champers and caviare all round chaps.
All in it together, my ar$e. 💩

DB9

This Government, Only a few weeks ago condemned P&O Ferries for replacing workers with cheap agency workers, Now Grant Shapps says the Government is looking into using agency workers to replace rail workers 🙄 How's that work then? 🤷

IndoMike

This Government, Only a few weeks ago condemned P&O Ferries for replacing workers with cheap agency workers, Now Grant Shapps says the Government is looking into using agency workers to replace rail workers 🙄 How's that work then? 🤷
Nothing ceases to amaze me about this Govt. I totally give up. Thank God I got out when I did - Thatcher was the last straw for me. M