• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nothing ceases to amaze me about this Govt. I totally give up. Thank God I got out when I did - Thatcher was the last straw for me. M
Much as I detested Thatcher and her policies she would never have stooped this low like this morally corrupt government, They have turned lying into a fine art, As I heard the other day they are lower than a snake's belly.

angelic upstart

This Government, Only a few weeks ago condemned P&O Ferries for replacing workers with cheap agency workers, Now Grant Shapps says the Government is looking into using agency workers to replace rail workers 🙄 How's that work then? 🤷

It's nonsense and it's lies.

Much like the time he used an alias to sell get rich quick schemes whilst he was an MP. The fella is a charlatan.

DB9

It's nonsense and it's lies.

Much like the time he used an alias to sell get rich quick schemes whilst he was an MP. The fella is a charlatan.
He is a charlatan but he represents the Government and has made overtures to bringing this in.

angelic upstart

He is a charlatan but he represents the Government and has made overtures to bringing this in.

It wont work, plain and simple. Everywhere you read they're saying it's chaos everywhere which merely proves just how important these roles are to the general public. So, give them a worthwhile payrise, keep the network safe and let's get on with it all.

IndoMike

Much as I detested Thatcher and her policies she would never have stooped this low like this morally corrupt government, They have turned lying into a fine art, As I heard the other day they are lower than a snake's belly.
So the question is, are the public taken in by all of this bs or not? If they aren't, gf et rid of them in the next election. But if they are taken in by all the lies and propaganda spewed out by the Mail, Express, Sun et al and vote Conservative, then you will be left with this cynical bunch of chancers and a country in tatters. And quite frankly if the public vote them in again they will deserve all the cr+p, diminishing democracy, poor public services, lower standards of living, and polluted rivers that they get

Grecian2K

But if they are taken in by all the lies and propaganda spewed out by the Mail, Express, Sun et al and vote Conservative, then you will be left with this cynical bunch of chancers and a country in tatters.
Funny how he's so keen to try and resurrect the spectre of those evil "Union Barons" while kowtowing to those equally evil right wing "Press Barons".

Speaking of which, strange, but hardly surprising, how a quick word to his mate Rupert resulted in the swift spiking by the Deputy Editor of The Times of a briefly run article about how BooBoo, when Foreign Sec, tried to grift his then-mistress (now wife) a cosy little £100k pa number on the staff. Just think, you could almost buy two train drivers for that sort of money! And although the Mail also briefly ran the story that mysteriously vanished too.

Those of a Tory bent who often whinge about that "terrible left leaning MSM" always conveniently overlook the overwhelmingly right wing printer media in this country (with it's associated on-line echoing) especially since most of them are owned by shadowy moguls of dubious accountability.

DB9

It wont work, plain and simple. Everywhere you read they're saying it's chaos everywhere which merely proves just how important these roles are to the general public. So, give them a worthwhile payrise, keep the network safe and let's get on with it all.
You do realise the Government are playing to their base audience? Say things like this and get it printed in their mouthpieces in the media, So when "Angry of Tunbridge Wells" is reading the Mail or Express over their breakfasts they hope it will hit home, When in truth how can you get agency workers in on an ad hoc basis on (Most Likely Min Wage) on the off chance they're needed because of strike action? Because it won't work, If its done on a permanent basis, The service would be 10 times bad as it is now.

Mr Jinx

And again no, Starmer said to his SENIOR frontbench MP's not to go on picket lines and as of writing this only ONE has, Kate Osbourne, A Parliamentary aide has been or is on one, Starmer did not say it to all Labour MP's.

And tell us why "They're completely snookered over that as well" ?
Why do I have to explain things to you every time? You know exactly what I mean. I'm hardly speaking in riddles.

Unions and strikes are in Labour's blood. But support them and they lose vast swathes of the electorate. They're therefore stuck between a rock and a hard place. Just like they were (and still are) on Brexit. And the question of whether a woman has a penis or not. So they either say nothing or just come up with some mealy mouthed nonsense.

DB9

Why do I have to explain things to you every time? You know exactly what I mean. I'm hardly speaking in riddles.

Unions and strikes are in Labour's blood. But support them and they lose vast swathes of the electorate. They're therefore stuck between a rock and a hard place. Just like they were (and still are) on Brexit. And the question of whether a woman has a penis or not. So they either say nothing or just come up with some mealy mouthed nonsense.
You have to explain it because you talk rubbish, The Labour Party was started by unions as their political wing so to speak but those days of the 70's when in the last 5 years of that decade the Labour Government were held to ransom by the unions and did not buckle and then they lost the 79 election which was a total own goal by the unions because Thatcher came in abrought in the most draconian anti union laws in which the Blair Government in 13 yrs of power never repealed them and today Starmer has not come out on either sid but has only said there should be concrete talks to try and resolve this issue, Which to me seems sensible, Brexit, you talk some rubbish about that too, Starmer has said time and time again that argument is over, No matter what his back benches say, it is done and he knows he'd be on such a pasting if he tried to rejoin, That is simple even to you to understand surely? But of course you don't trust him, Without a single piece of evidence that he will try to rejoin because of what happened in the last Parliament, You forget it was the Tories that brought May down, No one else but you forget that, 148 Tor MP's voted to kick out Johnson, again you forget that.

You said earlier that Starmer told all his MP's not to go on the picket line, That was UNTRUE but don't let that stop you spouting off more rubbish, Oh by the way, Did you know that the RMT is NOT affiliated to the Labour Party? Each MP has their own views and for me if they wish to join a picket line to show support then go right ahead. But of course the right wing press will scew this to saying the strike has "Official" Labour backing because that is what they do all the time, Knock Labour.

As for coming out with mealy mouth nonsense, I think the Tories are even more guilty of that recently, Don't you?

angelic upstart

"In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party.

But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican.

Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold … 🍿"

Welcome aboard Elon Musk!
That dirty tricks campaign including his own family wanting nothing to do with him :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: