Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Funny how he's so keen to try and resurrect the spectre of those evil "Union Barons" while kowtowing to those equally evil right wing "Press Barons".

Speaking of which, strange, but hardly surprising, how a quick word to his mate Rupert resulted in the swift spiking by the Deputy Editor of The Times of a briefly run article about how BooBoo, when Foreign Sec, tried to grift his then-mistress (now wife) a cosy little £100k pa number on the staff. Just think, you could almost buy two train drivers for that sort of money! And although the Mail also briefly ran the story that mysteriously vanished too.

Those of a Tory bent who often whinge about that "terrible left leaning MSM" always conveniently overlook the overwhelmingly right wing printer media in this country (with it's associated on-line echoing) especially since most of them are owned by shadowy moguls of dubious accountability.
Yes, I heard about "jobs for Carrie".
I guess he had the hots for her even why back when.
"Carry On (with) Carrie"....ooo errrrr missus.

IndoMike

You have to explain it because you talk rubbish, The Labour Party was started by unions as their political wing so to speak but those days of the 70's when in the last 5 years of that decade the Labour Government were held to ransom by the unions and did not buckle and then they lost the 79 election which was a total own goal by the unions because Thatcher came in abrought in the most draconian anti union laws in which the Blair Government in 13 yrs of power never repealed them and today Starmer has not come out on either sid but has only said there should be concrete talks to try and resolve this issue, Which to me seems sensible, Brexit, you talk some rubbish about that too, Starmer has said time and time again that argument is over, No matter what his back benches say, it is done and he knows he'd be on such a pasting if he tried to rejoin, That is simple even to you to understand surely? But of course you don't trust him, Without a single piece of evidence that he will try to rejoin because of what happened in the last Parliament, You forget it was the Tories that brought May down, No one else but you forget that, 148 Tor MP's voted to kick out Johnson, again you forget that.

You said earlier that Starmer told all his MP's not to go on the picket line, That was UNTRUE but don't let that stop you spouting off more rubbish, Oh by the way, Did you know that the RMT is NOT affiliated to the Labour Party? Each MP has their own views and for me if they wish to join a picket line to show support then go right ahead. But of course the right wing press will scew this to saying the strike has "Official" Labour backing because that is what they do all the time, Knock Labour.

As for coming out with mealy mouth nonsense, I think the Tories are even more guilty of that recently, Don't you?
You are IndoMike and I claim my fiver . .
Oops. That's me.

IndoMike

Funny how he's so keen to try and resurrect the spectre of those evil "Union Barons" while kowtowing to those equally evil right wing "Press Barons".

Speaking of which, strange, but hardly surprising, how a quick word to his mate Rupert resulted in the swift spiking by the Deputy Editor of The Times of a briefly run article about how BooBoo, when Foreign Sec, tried to grift his then-mistress (now wife) a cosy little £100k pa number on the staff. Just think, you could almost buy two train drivers for that sort of money! And although the Mail also briefly ran the story that mysteriously vanished too.

Those of a Tory bent who often whinge about that "terrible left leaning MSM" always conveniently overlook the overwhelmingly right wing printer media in this country (with it's associated on-line echoing) especially since most of them are owned by shadowy moguls of dubious accountability.
Johnson won't give a poo about this strike going on and on for weeks. He will bank on the public getting extremely peed off and siding with the Govt. However, when the teachers and other public service workers
begin their strikes it might all boomerang.
Johnson has been able to ride his luck for far too long. Karma surely awaits the fecker.

angelic upstart

Ere Ali, what's your betting tip for Thursdays by-election?

The value is surely on Conservatives @2/1 ?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ere Ali, what's your betting tip for Thursdays by-election?

The value is surely on Conservatives @2/1 ?
While I couldn't bring myself to back the Tories, with a 24,000 majority I'd agree they have to be the value bet.

Touch wood Betfair's political betting guru has a better handle on all this than I do:

Grecian2K

By God Egg...what a vacuous, vacant empty podium that is! Thank god for the next generation that she abandoned "teaching" for painting posh ladies toenails.

But, to borrow from one of the appended comments, something far more relevant to the current concerns of the hoi-poloi.

Fixing strikes is Labours job
Fixing Brexit is the EUs job
Fixing inflation is Putin's job
Fixing cost of living is the workers job
Fixing housing is the immigrants job
And fixing immigration is Rwanda's job
BUT WE HAVE TO KEEP BORIS...COS HE GETS THINGS DONE

Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

Thank you for your concern, but I can assure you that my blood pressure is a constant 120/110 - 80/70 due to my heathy lifestyle.
I thought it was really ironic that you said that we are free of undemocratic Govt, when you have a PM who does his very best to hide his lies, incompetence and trickery from Parliament, which is at the heart of our democracy. Johnson is only democratic when he can't get away with his undemocratic actions.
The EU is democratic, it's just that it is more centralised.
You still haven't listed the advantages of Brexit - you're only saying that Johnson's Govt hasn't taken advantage of them.
It's the one question not even Tories can answer, but you couldn't ask a more pertinent question about Brexit. Of course, it's pretty embarrassing for Brexiters when they can't answer, so they deflect and ramble on about Labour or other irrelevant trivia.
It's the age we live in : the ago of misinformation and unwillingness that we were wrong.
We the Great Unwashed will have the opportunity to give Bunter the Order of The Boot. No democratic deficit here.