• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contracts for next season

Agent Andy

You might be right there with Johnson, personally I’ve been very impressed with him whenever I’ve seen the U23’s play. This season it has been him and Calum who stood out for me. He’s very like Key, agree Caprice is an adequate replacement. I wonder if Harry is earmarked as the no 1 next season. He’s going on 18 he’s a huge talent, he’s been around the first team since he was 15. Being a GK is a bit different physicality wise than other positions.
GK is the biggest issue - be a huge ask to expect an 18 year old to be No1 in a side that will be under the cosh in L1 next year. Anyone know how long Cam has on his Sheff Wed deal and whether they ever want him back? Could be we get him for another year but we'd have to stump up some more wages I guess
Need two Gks next season , Harry dosnt turn 18 until December and will need a season out on loan , I’m sure he’s earmarked for the first team but next season is a big ask . Could we get Cam on another loan to give Harry the time he needs or push the boat out and sign him up , he still has a couple of years on his Wednesday contract left so doubtful 🤨

jimmy

Need two Gks next season , Harry dosnt turn 18 until December and will need a season out on loan , I’m sure he’s earmarked for the first team but next season is a big ask . Could we get Cam on another loan to give Harry the time he needs or push the boat out and sign him up , he still has a couple of years on his Wednesday contract left so doubtful 🤨
As previously discussed, Cam has come here and done everything required and more. He has therefore earnt what he set out to achieve from this experience...which I imagine to be either get back into the set-up at Wednesday or show off his attributes to another club that can afford his eye-wateringly large wages.

ExmouthMart

Just because Ray is under contract doesn't mean it's guaranteed he will still be at City next season. After all Rory McCardle had a contract at City for this season.
He missed the lovely North, was allowed to leave. Much to the annoyance of KMT, who doesn’t like talking about him one bit.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the situation could mirror the one with Jokull Andresson 12 months ago.

That's to say, after a very successful loan at a League Two club, Sheffield Wednesday would almost certainly want to see Cam playing at a higher level if they were to loan him out again next season. That being the case, if we were to get promoted I don't think it's entirely inconceivable we might be able to get him back on loan for a second year.

And if we are promoted but can't get Cam back, I'd imagine Jokull would be high on SMT's wanted list.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't see us signing two goalkeepers while Scott Brown remains on the books, not to mention Jack Arthur.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think we would want Jokull in League One. He has struggled to get into the Morecambe side

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think we would want Jokull in League One. He has struggled to get into the Morecambe side
I'm not convinced that will be a major factor. Seems to me SMT is more inclined to sign people on the basis of what he believes they could add to Exeter City than what they've done at their previous club. Appreciate you can't completely disregard the latter but I think the impression Jokull made in the second half of last season will carry more weight than him having not played a great deal for Morecambe over the past few months.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jokull I believe has been released by Morecambe and back at Reading and has also played for the Iceland first team in January

Squeezebox

I'm not convinced that will be a major factor. Seems to me SMT is more inclined to sign people on the basis of what he believes they could add to Exeter City than what they've done at their previous club. Appreciate you can't completely disregard the latter but I think the impression Jokull made in the second half of last season will carry more weight than him having not played a great deal for Morecambe over the past few months.
I thought he'd been recalled by Reading at Christmastime? beat me to it gnh

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Goi
I think the situation could mirror the one with Jokull Andresson 12 months ago.

That's to say, after a very successful loan at a League Two club, Sheffield Wednesday would almost certainly want to see Cam playing at a higher level if they were to loan him out again next season. That being the case, if we were to get promoted I don't think it's entirely inconceivable we might be able to get him back on loan for a second year.

And if we are promoted but can't get Cam back, I'd imagine Jokull would be high on SMT's wanted list.
There's a huge difference between the two, Shirley. Reading want Jokull to go on loan to as high a level as possible because he's a young keeper and they want to progress him to their first team. Dawson isn't at that stage of his career. I can't see what Wednesday would gain loaning him to a League One club when they are in the same division.