• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tranmere - Easter Monday

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are the club announcing coaches to Tranmere, would be good to request a few coaches in advance
Perhaps you should be asking the Club this ? God forbid that we have to endure another six months of what comes across as your blatant electioneering, in readiness for October !

Thames Valley Red

The election is being brought forward, I am always putting positive suggestions forward, in terms of electioneering not my style, I do what I do whenever. Only member on Trust Board meetings, they are good and we have a positive relationship. I have spoken to the club about coaches :)

rooecfc

Both Grecian Travel and EDG fully booked for Tranmere away, are any other coaches running? Please let me know

Boyo

With 10 days until the game and possibly a surge in demand for tickets, depending upon how the next couple of games go, I'd like to think that Grecian Travel will put another coach on.

Incidentally, is Grecian Travel run at profit or as a service to get people to games? The prices are eyewatering and off-putting.

rooecfc

With 10 days until the game and possibly a surge in demand for tickets, depending upon how the next couple of games go, I'd like to think that Grecian Travel will put another coach on.

Incidentally, is Grecian Travel run at profit or as a service to get people to games? The prices are eyewatering and off-putting.
Hopefully they put another coach on, I will email and ask if that’s a possibility

Colesman Ballz

Does anybody know if the Tranmere game will be available on Ifollow ? I gather that matches played on Bank Holidays are at the discretion of the Home club ? :unsure:

Oldsmobile-88

It’s run as a not for profit service.

I heard that it’s been run at a considerable loss for many games this season..Popular games with high demand like the ones coming up give the Supporters Club who run the coach a chance to make up some of the losses.

andrew p long

Sadly the cost of travel, like the cost of many other things, is going up rapidly. Petrol prices for example...

Just looked up train travel alternative for the same day. Exeter-Liverpool cheapest return fare £151-70.

(PS elsewhere Hants has correctly pointed out that there is already a Northampton away thread, which is on the Away Day forum. Not sure of this Tranmere away should go there too)

Thames Valley Red

At Carlisle I bumped into Nick Hawker, I asked the question why the club have not advertised away travel for Tranmere and done a deal with the local businesses, used some Trust money in reserve, or found some Corporate sponsors to help subsidies away coaches, to take the edge off the costs for the last two away games. As we were travelling back one of my group pointed out that the EDGs have almost taken over the away travel, running double decker vehicles to matches recently. The reaction Nick gave me was a shrug of the shoulders and it would be hard to organise. I also raised the idea to the media team around a week ago. With poor rail services and the busy roads I would guess away travel on a coach may be a more popular option. The cost of the fares could be mitigated by the corporate sponsor element. I am meeting the Directors at Colchester match by invitation and I will be raising these points.

I also understood from multiple sources that the reason why Northampton tickets were delayed was down to the new ticket manager, who felt we would struggle to sell tickets for Northampton and Tranmere. Once the Cobblers sold out, they did not ask for more for some days. I understand a well known fan called Cobblers to ask whether more tickets were available, they told there were subject to our club asking! So come on City, we make revenue on away ticket sales, we un the risk of losing around £1k each promotion run in away day. Every little helps. As for expectations and planning at the club, raise your bar ECFC. This is a potential once in a decade opportunity, don't lose it. Next year if we went up, our away coaches need to be pushed more....potentially Derby, Sunderland, Ipswich, Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday to name a few. Let go through history:

Lincoln away - 24 coaches 1990
Hereford away - 13 coaches 1990
Don Valley - Rotherham 2700 fans
Leeds - 2800 city fans

If we don't smash out between 1200-2500 to Tranmere to push the team over the line, we need to look at how we promote our club. This is not a dig at the social media team, It is aimed at the leadership team making strategic decisions. people will blame time - they had two weeks to organise coaches. It surely is 30 minute team call. The idea was mooted a week ago.

See you at them all! UTC TVR

Spoonz Red E

... I also understood from multiple sources that the reason why Northampton tickets were delayed was down to the new ticket manager, who felt we would struggle to sell tickets for Northampton and Tranmere. Once the Cobblers sold out, they did not ask for more for some days. I understand a well known fan called Cobblers to ask whether more tickets were available, they told there were subject to our club asking! ...
I'll pick up on this bit as I know a bit about how we've done the tickets.
Although not as much as your multiple sources seem to it seems.

We asked for more tickets as soon as we sold out.
Here's the announcement we made

We had 914 tickets as a first batch which is far higher than we would normally have for an away game at Northampton (usually it would be about 500)
Clubs eke out away tickets in batches for a reason (especially for seated areas).
It's so they can manage their areas.

For instance - we are selling seats in Block L for the Colchester game to allow for more home fans.
If we had sent all the seats to Colchester in one go they would have sold in both blocks L & M.
Block L would then not have been available to us and both Blocks L & M would have had gaps.

As for the quote from the Cobblers.
What was said was absolutely correct.
We asked - we got more.