• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it time to make him captain and relieve Matt Jay so he can concentrate on recapturing his form?
That would be counter productive

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is it time to make him captain and relieve Matt Jay so he can concentrate on recapturing his form?
Unofficially doing the job already.

TSW1389

this season it's true you can see Sweenz feels like the seasoned pro and his communication is a lot more organisational and less frustration as it used to be. Watching Pierce and Stubbs look's like such a good partnership both mentoring Diabate through games and guys around them.
Sweenz will always get flack for what some see as poor distribution but he always looks for a forward pass (even over ambitious ones) is often the one playing balls for key/Caprice and even further forward for Nombe and Brown to run onto. Still feel he is the best crosser of a ball at the club but Jake is up there too

Grecian Max

For the best, he was fine as cover but you don’t want to be playing him every week to progress
Pierce proving me wrong this year. He's been so solid at the back and dependable, arguably given a platform for our other CBs to shine with his work. Best season he's had for us and clearly a crucial player in the dressing room. Swindon missed out.

Rosencrantz

Some players don't need the armband to act like a captain. Sweenz is one such now. Stubbs and Dieng are others. I think MJ is actually growing into his captaincy. He is certainly around the referee more asking questions, possibly to stop Timmy getting there first and into any trouble 😉. Stubbs can effectively communicate with the ref from long distances though 🙂.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some players don't need the armband to act like a captain. Sweenz is one such now. Stubbs and Dieng are others. I think MJ is actually growing into his captaincy. He is certainly around the referee more asking questions, possibly to stop Timmy getting there first and into any trouble 😉. Stubbs can effectively communicate with the ref from long distances though 🙂.
I think that Sweenz is officially Vice Captain

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can add Cam Dawson to that list as well.

Rosencrantz

I'd like to know what Cam was saying to the linesman last night when he had a couple of jogs to run around him on the halfway line last night in the second half during breaks in play :) .

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to know what Cam was saying to the linesman last night when he had a couple of jogs to run around him on the halfway line last night in the second half during breaks in play :) .
in front of me just asked how long to play

Red Devon

Cam also comes across so well in the post match celebrations.