• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to know what Cam was saying to the linesman last night when he had a couple of jogs to run around him on the halfway line last night in the second half during breaks in play :) .
in front of me just asked how long to play
And when the Assistant said "two" and held up that many fingers it was actually three minutes, as I had the stopwatch on my phone open at the time - I always time the 2nd half.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to know what Cam was saying to the linesman last night when he had a couple of jogs to run around him on the halfway line last night in the second half during breaks in play :) .
Cam really has mastered the 'innocent, butter-wouldn't melt in his mouth, I'm just having a friendly chat; look while, no doubt, often engaging in some sly bit of gamesmanship.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he was considering going up for the corner for one of the jogs but there was still several minutes to go so he jogged back to midway in the half

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think he was considering going up for the corner for one of the jogs but there was still several minutes to go so he jogged back to midway in the half
That's what he made it look like anyway ;)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some players don't need the armband to act like a captain. Sweenz is one such now. Stubbs and Dieng are others. I think MJ is actually growing into his captaincy. He is certainly around the referee more asking questions, possibly to stop Timmy getting there first and into any trouble 😉. Stubbs can effectively communicate with the ref from long distances though 🙂.
I think I'd add Jevani to the list as well. He's not a demonstrative, fist-pumping kind of leader but he's definitely leading by example. He's playing almost every minute of every game, is constantly looking for the ball and has the calmness to produce match-defining moments of skill when the team is under pressure.

Memphis09

Some players don't need the armband to act like a captain. Sweenz is one such now. Stubbs and Dieng are others. I think MJ is actually growing into his captaincy. He is certainly around the referee more asking questions, possibly to stop Timmy getting there first and into any trouble 😉. Stubbs can effectively communicate with the ref from long distances though 🙂.
Sorry think he is a poor captain on the field as it showed against Harrogate should of been at the ref more when he made stupid decisions
Think Stubbs or Sweeney are far better options
Jay is a good club ambassador

Memphis09

Checking on time left

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has an article in today's Metro

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has an article in today's Metro
Any chance of a link? Please.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any chance of a link? Please.
It was in the hands of another passenger. Sorry :)