• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Carlisle Utd Matchday thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Nombe does get a touch! Curling away from goal before it the slightest of touches off the studs.
Love Groundsy immediately telling Sam it's my goal !

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like Nombe does get a touch! Curling away from goal before it the slightest of touches off the studs.
What I've been saying all along, that was Nombe's goal! Slightest touch maybe but emnough to divert the ball from hitting the post and bouncing out and hitting the inside of the post and bouncing in IMO.

Pobbop

What I've been saying all along, that was Nombe's goal! Slightest touch maybe but emnough to divert the ball from hitting the post and bouncing out and hitting the inside of the post and bouncing in IMO.
Yeah, didn't think so at first, but it's definitely Nombe's goal, faintest of touch, but was decisive.

Andy_H

I had three guys seated to the left of me yesterday wearing hospitality wristbands and they remained expressionless and, seemingly, emotionless throughout the entire match. The one closest to me spent most of the game checking the PL scores on his phone. I know it wasn't exactly a gripping encounter, but......
And they get to choose the Man of the Match, which explains why it is so random most games.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find it quite incredible that here we are on an amazing unbeaten run, top of the form table, second in the actual table, and yet I'm still reading sarky critical digs at the manager. FFS, no pleasing some. Bleddy wannabe football managers.
If we can get to the New Year and still be in the top four I'll be happy. My concern is we barely got over the line at home against two of the worst sides in the league. We have some much tougher games coming up, the season is four months old and I'm still waiting for us to look like a promotion-winning team.

Matt Russell

If we can get to the New Year and still be in the top four I'll be happy. My concern is we barely got over the line at home against two of the worst sides in the league. We have some much tougher games coming up, the season is four months old and I'm still waiting for us to look like a promotion-winning team.
Name the teams you've seen that look better than us.

manc grecian

When did league 2 become a league where you stroll past teams 3 nil every week. It's scrappy, hard work where finding a way to win is more important than the performance

grecIAN Harris

Name the teams you've seen that look better than us.
Do such teams exist? :unsure:

andrew p long

We could win 10-0 and you'd get someone saying it should've been 11.
the overly demanding fan's refrain

if we lost we should have drawn
when we draw , we should have won
when we win narrowly, we should have won by more
when we win by more, we should play a more attractive style
when we win 4-0 after being 0-0 at half time, why does it take us so long to get going?
when we win 4-0 after being 4-0 at half time, then why did we take our foot off the gas?
when we win by lots in an attractive style, then we should do it more consistently
when we consistently win comprehensively, in an attractive style, then we should be blooding the youngsters more

And winning consistently attractively comprehensively with a young team of academy graduates then.....

'League Two is not very good this year is it?'

grecIAN Harris

When did league 2 become a league where you stroll past teams 3 nil every week. It's scrappy, hard work where finding a way to win is more important than the performance
When we have probably the best squad, and that's squad in it's entirity, that we've had since we won the Fourth Division. It's not going to happen every week but teams such as Oldham and Carlisle (given the situation they were in 46 minutes) should be comprehensively put to the sword.