• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Bristol Rovers Match Day Thread

milts

That’s more like it from City.

Brown was superb today. If he maintains this type of performance he’ll be some signing.

Amond was excellent too. Some great runs and him and brown really ran the rovers defence ragged in the first half.

Pushing brown further forward to play alongside Amond help Jay get some space and we had runners around him and options.

Kite excellent in the middle and Dieng had licence to push on.

Really liked us today.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hugely disappointing attendance. We've lost approximately 1,000 home fans since the Bradford game.

Tim Long

Well fook my old boots. Only came on to confirm this wasn't a fever dream I'd had as I am poorly at the moment. Did have a midweek nightmare that I was playing at the Park back in the days of the Shed and couldn't see the ball. Got a rousing round of applause for taking out Eric Gates as he sprinted down the left wing. Seems it was the Gas defence that didn't have a clue where the ball was.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well Amond was superb today. Deserved a goal. I think there is now genuine competition with Nombe up front.
Honorable mention to Key, he looked great especially in the second half running through their defence, back to his best.
Not surprised at the attendance, we had hardly been World beaters before today and plenty of fans will be on holiday.
If we can carry this on at Harrogate it sets up the Forest Green game brilliantly

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well fook my old boots. Only came on to confirm this wasn't a fever dream I'd had as I am poorly at the moment. Did have a midweek nightmare that I was playing at the Park back in the days of the Shed and couldn't see the ball. Got a rousing round of applause for taking out Eric Gates as he sprinted down the left wing. Seems it was the Gas defence that didn't have a clue where the ball was.
Lucky you to have such a pleasant fever dream. The height of my post-vaccination fever co-incided with the Orient game!

ExmouthMart

Brilliant result against one of the favourites for promotion. Hopefully we can build on this and with a few more additions get some consistency in the coming games.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Keep up my old mucker, that misinterpretation has long been clarified!!
Same to you as I had already acknowledged the fact a few posts ago lol.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brilliant result against one of the favourites for promotion. Hopefully we can build on this and with a few more additions get some consistency in the coming games.
I don't think they are favourites and if they are I'd be amazed

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well Amond was superb today. Deserved a goal. I think there is now genuine competition with Nombe up front.
I hope it's not an either / or. Amond will help Nombe score goals IMO.

i8cornwall

Highlight of the day for me and the C20 lads was looking up and seeing the rest of the ground all clapping along to

"Rovers get battered everywhere they go"

Not sure if you where all aware of what was being sung but amused us, also cheers for everyone who joined into makes everything all worthwhile.

Off for a pint or 6 now, have a great evening everyone.