• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cardiff City PSF discussion thread 1pm kick off

Red red

Enjoyed the game defiantly a penalty on Collins but we were wearing red not blue. Like Dieng when came on. Maybe should’ve given young keeper 15 mins at the end.
Overall positive performance

Red Monster

Hoping Harris who was fouled for there pen is lightning quick ,
as he gave Ray two yards and sped past him in the space of
ten yards. That was worrying.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought Atangana had a reasonably good game....from the games Ive seen, he looks much more like his old self. Not sure what happened to him last season.

Trapdoor

This was the best I've seen atangana play since he joined us. If he can do that every game then I will hold my hands up and acknowledge that I misjudged him.

MJ, Nombe, Randall and Sparkes were all excellent. As was Josh Key of course when he came on.

Thought Dieng and Kite both looked alright when they came on, didn't really have long enough to judge then properly.

Back 3 need improvement.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
From what I have seen so far we are playing in the style MT has promised fast open, fluid, direct and along the ground. As long as our key attackers stay fit we will certainly score goals my worry being at present we have no real strength in depth.

Not sure what others will think but i believe we are now seeing how having a player like Bowman limited our options and did not allow us to play as we are currently doing. Having said that the game against Shrewsbury will be an interesting one and probably our biggest test of all the PSFs.

My main concern, as others have also said, is our defence where we lack any leadership at times seeming to be totally at sixes and sevens and MT has to find a solution to this as soon as possible and before the season starts.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
This was the best I've seen atangana play since he joined us. If he can do that every game then I will hold my hands up and acknowledge that I misjudged him.

MJ, Nombe, Randall and Sparkes were all excellent. As was Josh Key of course when he came on.

Thought Dieng and Kite both looked alright when they came on, didn't really have long enough to judge then properly.

Back 3 need improvement.
I'm with you regarding big Nige and hope to be doing likewise.

rifraf

From what I have seen so far we are playing in the style MT has promised fast open, fluid, direct and along the ground. As long as our key attackers stay fit we will certainly score goals my worry being at present we have no real strength in depth.

Not sure what others will think but i believe we are now seeing how having a player like Bowman limited our options and did not allow us to play as we are currently doing. Having said that the game against Shrewsbury will be an interesting one and probably our biggest test of all the PSFs.

My main concern, as others have also said, is our defence where we lack any leadership at times seeming to be totally at sixes and sevens and MT has to find a solution to this as soon as possible and before the season starts.
It's OK. we've got Stubbs.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Back 3 need improvement.
No ment ion of Dieng coming on on the club website report of the game?

budegrecian

It seems pretty unanimous from the comments so far:
Up front we are improved from last year with Nombe playing ahead of MJ & Randall, who both look like they are continuing their excellent form from last season. Brown also looks like a useful addition & gives us more strength in depth than we had last season. I also think Seymour will improve too.

In midfield Deing looks like a good replacement for Jake Taylor, albeit based on 20 mins. If Nige can replicate his form of today, he looks more like the player from 2 season ago which will give us decent strength in the centre to compliment Archie. We have 3 decent wing backs but could possibly do with someone to challenge Sparkes as Rowe needs a season to develop.

At the back we all know we need a keeper &, as others have said, we are at least one comanding CH short. Ray looks like cover, at best, & hopefully Stubbs will make it into the side sometime in Sept. Sweenz looks fine on the right side of a 3 & whilst I like Hartridge he unfortunately still has a mistake in him.

A couple of good signings this week & the retention of MJ, Key & Randall & we won't be too far short of having a really good side.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cardiff City's match report