• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Return of fans

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will Ifollow be available for home games whilst any form of restrictions apply

Coppers

I was hoping for more clarity before the early bird season ticket cut off at the end of June. I am not keen on renewing without knowing what the arrangements are for next season. I know there will be options of refunds or part refunds as last year but it is a right hassle for everyone concerned. I wonder whether the club will extend the deadline given that the government delayed their decision til July. I guess they won't be that bothered considering over 1100 have already been sold. Returning under heavy restrictions is a real turn off for me and I guess others are in the same boat as me.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would love to agree but I fear that any window of relaxation will be a brief one.
They are already talking about rolling out booster jabs in the autumn - I think it likely that some form of restiction will be maintained/re-introduced until that is complete.
And when that is complete the cheery boffins are already hyping up winter epidemics of flu etc. Yet more reasons to prevent people congregating.
As I say I sincerely hope that I'm wrong but I suspect that even football will be fairly low on the list of priorities here. :(
Think the plan is” to learn to live with it“ by then, what with the high vaccine take up and expected therapeutic’s that are hoped to be available to reduce hospitalisations come the Autumn 🤞

Grecian Max

Once there are no masks and it's genuinely as it was before I'll come down for some games. Not interested before then.

Memphis09

There weren't many face masks being worn at the England vs Scotland game on Friday, despite them being compulsory. I get the sense that lots of people simply are not following the guidance anymore.
Very true but we now what it is like at Exeter the stewards insist on no standing in seated areas yet you go other grounds and they mind even the away fans and Exeter stand

Memphis09

Once there are no masks and it's genuinely as it was before I'll come down for some games. Not interested before then.
Totally agree

Memphis09

I was hoping for more clarity before the early bird season ticket cut off at the end of June. I am not keen on renewing without knowing what the arrangements are for next season. I know there will be options of refunds or part refunds as last year but it is a right hassle for everyone concerned. I wonder whether the club will extend the deadline given that the government delayed their decision til July. I guess they won't be that bothered considering over 1100 have already been sold. Returning under heavy restrictions is a real turn off for me and I guess others are in the same boat as me.
I am with you on this one
Think there would be a rush for season tickets if we knew where we stood or sat on this matter
Perhaps the club could through some clarity on the situation
Once I know I would buy two for sure

Grecian2K

Very true but we now what it is like at Exeter the stewards insist on no standing in seated areas yet you go other grounds and they mind even the away fans and Exeter stand
My concern (for club finances if nothing else) is that any "relaxations" will still prohibit standing, even in the "standing areas", and allowing only severely distanced attendance in the "posh seats".
Could be particularly crippling for us - what with the biggest standing terrace left in the EFL...and not to mention our "posh new away terrace" either.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this that new urban talk what is doing the rounds among the yoof?

Colesman Ballz

Is this that new urban talk what is doing the rounds among the yoof?
Certainly left me scratching my head in bemusement ! :unsure: