• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Return of fans

Memphis09

Well, having attended SJP in that brief period before Xmas last year, with social distancing, hand sanitisers everywhere and masks being worn outside, personally, I never once felt nervous. I thought the club did a great job, the risk was as low as it ever could be at that time (prior to any vaccinations) and I was disappointed when we were stopped from going again. I hope July 19 sees an end to most of the regs but, if I had to, I would do the social distancing, mask wearing and whatever again. Anything to get back!
Well good on you for going
For me no chance of going if I have to wear masks and social distance etc
Once we know where we are I will be more than happy to purchase two season tickets and go back to sjp until I am afraid I will be a stay away supporter

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking fairly optimistic I’d say.
Would love to agree but I fear that any window of relaxation will be a brief one.
They are already talking about rolling out booster jabs in the autumn - I think it likely that some form of restiction will be maintained/re-introduced until that is complete.
And when that is complete the cheery boffins are already hyping up winter epidemics of flu etc. Yet more reasons to prevent people congregating.
As I say I sincerely hope that I'm wrong but I suspect that even football will be fairly low on the list of priorities here. :(

andrew p long

The EFL need to stop being so supine about current forms of 'Covid certification'. I'd be quite happy to produce the paper certificate that I have showing the details of both Covid jabs.

But I'm not going to any games which require either

a) a mobile phone with an enabled government app ( unnecessarily unfair to those who don't have a mobile phone, have security concerns over apps or who can't afford the technology. We are on a slippery slope to exclusion from much of society for those without mobile phones) or

b) a recent lateral flow test. The evidence base for accuracy of lateral flow tests is, to say the least, weak. Recent American research results raise the spectre that lateral flow tests may be counter productive by giving false reassurance.

Boyo

Well good on you for going
For me no chance of going if I have to wear masks and social distance etc
Once we know where we are I will be more than happy to purchase two season tickets and go back to sjp until I am afraid I will be a stay away supporter
There weren't many face masks being worn at the England vs Scotland game on Friday, despite them being compulsory. I get the sense that lots of people simply are not following the guidance anymore.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't all this social distancing talk rollox, watching the euros, there doesn't seem to be much of it going on!

Alistair20000

The EFL need to stop being so supine about current forms of 'Covid certification'. I'd be quite happy to produce the paper certificate that I have showing the details of both Covid jabs.

But I'm not going to any games which require either

a) a mobile phone with an enabled government app ( unnecessarily unfair to those who don't have a mobile phone, have security concerns over apps or who can't afford the technology. We are on a slippery slope to exclusion from much of society for those without mobile phones) or

b) a recent lateral flow test. The evidence base for accuracy of lateral flow tests is, to say the least, weak. Recent American research results raise the spectre that lateral flow tests may be counter productive by giving false reassurance.
Seconded 100%.

I would also not object to a non invasive temperature check at the gate. Thingy pointed at one's forehead.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There weren't many face masks being worn at the England vs Scotland game on Friday, despite them being compulsory. I get the sense that lots of people simply are not following the guidance anymore.
Reasonably sure face masks aren't compulsory at test events, which, I believe, the Euro 2020 matches taking place in this country are.

Certainly, that was the case at Royal Ascot last week though, ridiculously, the jockeys were required to wear face masks.

denzel

I haven't heard of any outbreaks linked to test events so surely it's time to crack on.

Boyo

Reasonably sure face masks aren't compulsory at test events, which, I believe, the Euro 2020 matches taking place in this country are.

Certainly, that was the case at Royal Ascot last week though, ridiculously, the jockeys were required to wear face masks.
According to the Mail (!) face masks are compulsory at Wembley for the Euros: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9703589/Why-ARENT-wearing-masks-Thousands-fans-ditched-face-coverings-Wembley.html

i8cornwall

I think I'll be £300 better off after reading that statement from the EFL, there is zero chance I'll be entering a football league ground or getting a season ticket at SJP while I have to prove my vaccine status.