• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The fee is unlikely to be huge as I believe he is out of contract in the summer and can go for a "tribunal fee". My guess is the £750k would get him.
Others on Exeweb have said IIRC that his contract runs to next summer. Anyone got anything definitive?

Dismayed by this, as I've just come from watching the video of Bowman's City goals, the last couple of minutes of which stark reminders of how much we've missed Joel.

Charlton said they'd had a bid turned down pre injury, reputedly 300k IIRC, with City looking for £1m but,as you say, probably would settle for 750k.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
His father was a former professional footballer who played for Burnley so he will be aware and managed with the options better than some. In the attached article quoting the Athletic it does state that his contract is up 2022, and if I recall he wasn't one of the youngsters that extended his contract earlier this year, so let's cash in accordingly and not face a Randy Williams scenario next year http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=52158

Interesting the comments the Burnley fans recall of his father, different era.

manc grecian

Is there a league 2 5 a side league?

Couple more directors and new seats for the flybe stand should see us romp to the title.

Alistair20000

Is there a league 2 5 a side league?

Couple more directors and new seats for the flybe stand should see us romp to the title.
Yep we are looking threadbare in terms of numbers as well as class if JR is on his way

Avening Posse

I probably naively thought the point of getting 4 game changers was to improve the team where we are weaker and thereby improve the overall team, but we appear to be down the goalie, Williams, Taylor, Bowman and possibly Randall amongst others. Does this mean we need 4 game changers along with 5 or 6 who are at least as good as these guys ?, cannot see it myself but we live in hope

Colesman Ballz

It wouldn't be a Williams scenario though would it, as Joel will still be U24 next summer so wouldn't be going on a free transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wouldn't be a Williams scenario though would it, as Joel will still be U24 next summer so wouldn't be going on a free transfer.
No but not as much as we could get in a contracted position

Last edited by a moderator:

Grecian Max

The fee is unlikely to be huge as I believe he is out of contract in the summer and can go for a "tribunal fee". My guess is the £750k would get him.
Probs get that at tribunal so still think north of £1m or a very hefty sell on %

Red Devon

I know I’m in the minority around here but there comes a point when a player is worth more to the team than his value in money 750k:(

STURTZ

I'll just be happy to see Joel playing again and as good as he was pre injury.