• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Season......

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t want to see Caprice at club next season...been very underwhelmed all season bar the odd performance.

JCWhoosh

We need a tough league 2 team. With this I mean guys who know how to win ugly. Know how to play with dodgy pitches, dodgy tackles, dodgy refs etc.
The tippy tappy 5 yard triangles are nice to watch but when you have no end product is useless! Yes it might open up in the odd game here and there but on the whole, just doesn't work in LG 2. I'm sure many fans would prefer a scrappy, promotion winning team than the odd 4-0 win every now and then to then watch dire performances when we come up against teams that don't let us play.
I think our youngsters have done really well and will be better for the experience. Just need those few players in the team that will shake up the dressing room and not let standards slip when we are under the cosh and grind out results when playing badly.
I don't think JT is that sort of captain and Collins is even less so!
I can see Page being a decent captain but don't think he will be with us next year.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
For me Sweenz has had his best season for City. Probs number 3 in player of the season

Ash

At 34 in October much as I love the guy I dont see too much benefit to be had at this late stage of his career. Smacks of Deano coming back and realistically he wasn't one of our better players in his last spell
Gorgeous George was a pretty big cut above Deano though. Personally, with all three of our experienced CBs apparently leaving in the summer, I'd love to see him back. We signed McArdle at 34 and he doesn't have the pedigree of Friend, or the connection and love for the club. Stubbs, Hartridge, Friend looks a potentially decent start in defence next season.

Ash

Just my opinion. Did I actually say Sparkes couldn’t defend?! Maybe his better position is elsewhere but he’s filling in because the squad is light on numbers and quality. Hartridge got an opportunity because of the circumstances outlined at the beginning of the season. Did I say he was cr*p?! Likewise I’m not one of the ones laying into Seymour. Are you giving them pelters?! Perhaps you need to calm down and stop showing off. Obnoxious comments to me are just bullying really. After all we are all city fans at the end of the day.
What you said was:

"Hartridge squad player but more than adequate if called upon."

"Sparkes is he a good enough defender?!
He just shows flashes of what he can do generally."

How can you make any kind of determination on the suitability of individual players if you've seen no games whatsoever? What are you basing your "opinion" on, 3 minutes of YouTube highlights?

Please outline which part of my post you think was bullying :ROFLMAO:

Grecianman135

Gorgeous George was a pretty big cut above Deano though. Personally, with all three of our experienced CBs apparently leaving in the summer, I'd love to see him back. We signed McArdle at 34 and he doesn't have the pedigree of Friend, or the connection and love for the club. Stubbs, Hartridge, Friend looks a potentially decent start in defence next season.
Isn't Friend on a two-year deal with Brum?? we won't be able to compete.. maybe the end of next season when we're still in league 2 at 35 he may sign 😏😜

Ash

Isn't Friend on a two-year deal with Brum?? we won't be able to compete.. maybe the end of next season when we're still in league 2 at 35 he may sign 😏😜
Didn't say it was likely, just that it would be a good idea. If he was given a 2 years deal at Brum, goes to show they think he's still got it at two leagues above.

ExmouthMart

What you said was:

"Hartridge squad player but more than adequate if called upon."

"Sparkes is he a good enough defender?!
He just shows flashes of what he can do generally."

How can you make any kind of determination on the suitability of individual players if you've seen no games whatsoever? What are you basing your "opinion" on, 3 minutes of YouTube highlights?

Please outline which part of my post you think was bullying :ROFLMAO:
Probably the bit about me having an opinion on literally anything. The context of my comment was based on where certain players would fit in if better quality players were brought in with an increase in budget. I don’t pay for iFollow because I have to prioritise my budget at the moment. Maybe you can work out why that might be.

scottus86

Have a look at Olaofe who is playing for Sutton against Eastleigh on BT Sports. He's 21 and on loan from Millwall. He's quick, direct and a threat..This is the sort player who could have changed our season..I understand he will go out again on loan next season...
A good post in amongst the bickering.

ryancooper327

Here is who I expect to still be with us at the end of the season:
Jack Arthur
Sam Stubbs
Josh Key
Jack Sparkes
Alex Hartridge
Jordan Dyer
Cheick Diabate
Nigel Atangana
Archie Collins
Harry Kite
Joel Randall
Matt Jay
Ben Seymour
Nelson Iseguan

Players expected to leave:
Lewis Ward
Johnny Maxted
Tom Parkes
Lewis Page - has been offered contract but hasn't signed
Pierce Sweeney
Jake Taylor
Randall Williams
Robbie Wilmott
Noah Smerdon
Will Dean
Ryan Bowman - Under Contract but will be leaving
Alex Fisher
Nicky Ajose

Unknown Senior Pros:
McArdle and Caprice as not sure if they signed a 1 year or 2 year deal. If a 1 year deal then I think they will also be leaving.

Unknown Youngsters:
Louis Morison
James Dodd
Lewis Wilson
Sonny Cox - Most likely not signing
Harry Lee - Most likely not Signing

Certainly a lot of work for MT to do in the transfer market and a real need for some quality experience pro's to be brought in.

As the title of the thread suggests it will certainly be an interesting summer!
Based on your assessment, this would be our starting point in MT's current formation (unknowns in red):

Jack​
Arthur
Josh Key
Jake Caprice
Sam Stubbs
Jordan Dyer
Cheick Diabate
Rory McArdle
Alex Hartridge​
Jack Sparkes​
Archie Collins
Louis Morison