• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haha! Is that all you've got?
What else do I need ?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
So every EU citizen is a pro EU Remainiac? Ooookkkaaaaayyy!!

Macron isn't even convinced Remain would win were he to offer the same to the French people.
That's why I said 'almost'. :sneaky:

After 5 years of Brexity Brexit success stories really surprised there's not been a flurry of Article 50s winging their way to Brussels. They are a bit slow over there though.

Oldsmobile-88

Can you provide the video?
I will try & find it.It was broadcasted on the BBC iirc around a couple of years ago after BJ appointment JRM Leader of the house.
It was quite amusing listening to his posh voice reasoning with a fairly hostile group initially.

IndoMike

I thought Starmer did the right thing after watching the clip..Calmly walked out of the pub.
He was in a lose lose situation by the look of it.
The Landlord just looked hysterical.
I honestly think that is the true representation of the situation. But I guess some people want to make more of it. You can't just win in that situation. If we walked into a pub and the landlord bombarded us with a similar tirade then the wise advice would be to walk away

IndoMike

I will try & find it.It was broadcasted on the BBC iirc around a couple of years ago after BJ appointment JRM Leader of the house.
It was quite amusing listening to his posh voice reasoning with a fairly hostile group initially.
Don't worry. No rush. If he did do that then fair enough.

Spoonz Red E

I normally leave sharing articles from the Grauniad to others, but this one made me sit up.

"NatCen’s qualitative research came from eight deliberative workshops involving 130 people, 73 of who voted leave, 55 who voted remain and two who did not vote."

130 people .....

IndoMike

What else do I need ?
Well, I must say I've had far worse. Like water off a duck's arse to me.

Spoonz Red E

Since he mentioned "hands, face, space" considering nobody was wearing a mask, what is one expected to do with one's face?
Quite the dilemma when you have a choice of two like Boris.

IndoMike

I could put your worthwhile posts on the back of a stamp Indo.

You are just a boring, arrogant pr!(k.

No wonder you fecked off to Indonesia.

You offer nothing.
Have you finished editing this post now?
Seems to be taking on a life of its own.

Purely on a technical note, I f*cked off to Germany, not Indonesia.You can find it on a map if you look hard 🙄

elginCity

I thought Starmer did the right thing after watching the clip..Calmly walked out of the pub.
He was in a lose lose situation by the look of it.
The Landlord just looked hysterical.
Exactly.

12 months of lockdown, a few punters want a beer ... "GET OUT OF MY PUB !". Pillock.