• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you agree with the main point though ? Sir Keith did not shine and needs to up his game ?
No. I don't. The bloke was a tw@ who wasn't looking for a reasonable discussion
It was a verbal assault. You can't have a discussion with that kind of person. If he'd approached SKS reasonably and had said something like "Sir Keith. I'm disappointed with the way you supported the Tory Govt over the lockdowns. Can you explain why you did it?" then SKS should have replied.

IndoMike

Since he mentioned "hands, face, space" considering nobody was wearing a mask, what is one expected to do with one's face?

Alistair20000

No. I don't. The bloke was a tw@ who wasn't looking for a reasonable discussion
It was a verbal assault. You can't have a discussion with that kind of person. If he'd approached SKS reasonably and had said something like "Sir Keith. I'm disappointed with the way you supported the Tory Govt over the lockdowns. Can you explain why you did it?" then SKS should have replied.
Oh dear.

Post 23,728 shows a better perspective as far as I am concerned.

Sorry Indo.

IndoMike

Hoping that Chauvin cop will get at least murder in the 2nd degree, but wouldn't be surprised if he is convicted of manslaughter only.

angelic upstart

In that kind of situation the politician has everything to lose and nothing to gain, which is why Johnson hides in fridges to avoid it and in general avoids all contact with the public.The members of the public are not always reasonable people, you know. This bloke was in effect blaming Starmer for all the ills of Covid19 in an emotional and verbally aggressive manner.
He wasn't interested in hearing what Starmer had to say. In my opinion, seemingly armed with data in his hand, this bloke clearly had an agenda.
So I think your comments are not justified and lack understanding of the situation. I doubt if many will pay much attention.
"He didn't do himself any favours"..? What could he have done : stood there and have a rational conversation with this bloke covering the events of one year of covid 19?
He can respond explaining his rationale, in turn, this could be seen by many, and a couple might say "decent bloke, took the complaint, turned it round and stood up to him, exactly what I want from a leader" and voted for labour next time round. Instead he didn't engage, looks a bit pompous and a lot of a bottler. He definitely doesn't win in this situation.

Alistair20000

Hoping that Chauvin cop will get at least murder in the 2nd degree, but wouldn't be surprised if he is convicted of manslaughter only.
Have you watched all the trial Indo ?

IndoMike

Oh dear.

Post 23,728 shows a better perspective as far as I am concerned.

Sorry Indo.
Yes, I'm sure as you're concerned it does
But that wouldn't be a correct appraisal of the situation. Not surprisingly neither AU or your good self have answered my question on how SKS should have dealt with an aggressive punter with an agenda

Alistair20000

He can respond explaining his rationale, in turn, this could be seen by many, and a couple might say "decent bloke, took the complaint, turned it round and stood up to him, exactly what I want from a leader" and voted for labour next time round. Instead he didn't engage, looks a bit pompous and a lot of a bottler. He definitely doesn't win in this situation.
Nail on head.

IndoMike

He doesn't win and he doesn't lose. This was a no-win situation. You can't have a rational conversation with a bloke who behaved like he had a lit firework up his arse.

IndoMike

Nail on head.
No it isn't at all.