• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite the dilemma when you have a choice of two like Boris.
Ah, but which is the real Boris?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you finished editing this post now?
Seems to be taking on a life of its own.
Do I need your permission to edit a post ?

No, so wind your neck in.

Alistair20000

"NatCen’s qualitative research came from eight deliberative workshops involving 130 people, 73 of who voted leave, 55 who voted remain and two who did not vote."

130 people .....
Yes, a rather small sample.

IndoMike

Exactly.

12 months of lockdown, a few punters want a beer ... "GET OUT OF MY PUB !". Pillock.
That publican will probably be knighted by Johnson. Can't these Tory publicans just stick to arse-licking to Hancock so they can get squillion dollar back door deals with him to make PPE in a farmhouse?

Alistair20000

Yours is a false representation of the situation and has nothing to do with upholding democratic rights. SKS allowed him to speak, didn't he? Perhaps you're getting confused with Johnson and Priti Awful wanting the right to choose when we can demonstrate? To conflate SKS facing a tirade from a bloke with an agenda with doubts about SKS democratic values as seen from all his work in the past is frankly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this thread
This is about Sir Keith's performance. Please don't deflect with the reference to Boris and Patel.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
That publican will probably be knighted by Johnson. Can't these Tory publicans just stick to arse-licking to Hancock so they can get squillion dollar back door deals with him to make PPE in a farmhouse?
1 / 10.

Your posts are $h1te.

tavyred

Exactly.

12 months of lockdown, a few punters want a beer ... "GET OUT OF MY PUB !". Pillock.
Yep.
Landlord was an ill informed wazzock.
As soon as he suggested that lockdowns weren’t justified because it was mostly old people dying, I think I would of walked away too.
Civilised discourse wins every time for me, no time for gobsh*tes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DB9

angelic upstart

He doesn't win and he doesn't lose. This was a no-win situation. You can't have a rational conversation with a bloke who behaved like he had a lit firework up his arse.
I'd say as leader of the opposition, and erstwhile director of public prosecutions, he's had his share of folk being angry at him. Part of his job, in my humble, is to engage with potential voters, at very least listening and trying to understand their viewpoint. By merely engaging and explaining his rationale is enough.

IndoMike

1 / 10.

Your posts are $h1te.
Are you going to continue to make pathetic little comments like that for the next week.? It really is so childish. Get a grip

tavyred

Eh?
Wasn’t he giving it large to SKS because he wasn’t providing enough of an opposition to BJ and the Tories and their COVID measures?