• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The pride of st Thomas went to John stocker,the clever ones who passed the 11 plus went to heles !
This was around 87/88 so the 11 plus was a thing of the past by then. Not sure if that was good for me or not to be honest.

Red Devon

What a load of bowloks these TOTWs are :) Two Creepy players included (including a former City player) and former Exeter City assistant manager is the manager of the weekend in L2.

Maguire-Drew was the best player on the pitch, Jack Sparkes is still trying to get out his back pocket.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
This was around 87/88 so the 11 plus was a thing of the past by then. Not sure if that was good for me or not to be honest.
But Heleans used to visit "Bishop Brothel" more often ? Afram City

Rosencrantz

But Heleans used to visit "Bishop Brothel" more often ? Afram City
To be honest, we were totally unaware of Hele's and Bishop Blackall schools in the mid eighties as kids. All I knew through my Mum and Uncle was that St James was a girls school and Ladysmith the boys in their day.

IndoMike

Match reactions by a player ARE done for pretty much every game. On Saturday it was Jake Taylor. Don't knock our Social Media Team, it isn't their or (KMT's) fault if you can't be arsed to watch them. :p
You make a giant leap from my comment to saying I'm knocking the social media team. But I know you're one of Exeweb's main spuddlers...so you won't miss an opportunity to stir it.

IndoMike

I
We always get match reactions from players. If Matt wheeled out one of the coaches to do the after match reaction, that would immediately be questioned, analysed and frowned upon as well by some. Really it is the manager's responsibility unless there is a really good reason.
I said occasionally. Since whatever is done will be frowned upon by some then there's no problem doing it .....occasionally....whether we win or lose.

dontpassback

Christ I feel old,I left school in 1973

IndoMike

Although I happened to pass the 11+, I can say that without a doubt the whole primary/ junior education system was rigged at that time and a kind of social engineering took place. Totally unfair. But that's for discussion elsewhere.
We could do with 6 points from our next two games after Crawley of course and have to hope that McA and Hartridge will be up for it

PeteUSA

Christ I feel old,I left school in 1973

Imagine how I feel, left in 1959! :(

IndoMike

Imagine how I feel, left in 1959! :(
You're still fighting fit though, Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.