• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Window - What do we need - Buy or Loan

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would settle for a good right-sided centre back : imo Sweeney and McA should be back-ups. With Randall and Jay scoring well don't think a striker is a priority, and Matt doesn't have a good record signing strikers anyway, to be very honest.

StudentGrecian

Who we sign will all depend on what happens with Williams.
Is anyone going to put a bid in that makes it worth our time? He only has 6 months left on his deal, and isn't in the same form as last season. Unless our asking price has significantly dropped then I can't see him going anywhere.

Colesman Ballz

Given Joel Randells start to the season, 8 goals and 3 assists which is impressive, is it possible somebody may come in for him and another young Exeter academy product moves on, or is it too soon?
Please give him the respect of at least spelling his name correctly.

Reactions: Ash

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is anyone going to put a bid in that makes it worth our time? He only has 6 months left on his deal, and isn't in the same form as last season. Unless our asking price has significantly dropped then I can't see him going anywhere.
I wonder whether the club might think it's worth cashing in on him now the team are not so reliant on his creativity.

Colesman Ballz

I wonder whether the club might think it's worth cashing in on him now the team are not so reliant on his creativity.
I am doubtful that this would happen. Remember that Watford would be entitled to 50% of any fee received, based on this season's form any bids are likely to be very low, and may not cover the cost of a replacement. There would be a freeing up of his wages from the playing budget of course but there is no guarantee that anyone brought in would instantly "hit the ground running" and not take time to bed in. With the shortened season and two games a week schedule, training sessions are drastically reduced.

Randall will also become a free agent in the summer, so having taken transfer fees out of the equation, he agent can exploit this with demanding higher wages and signing on fee from potential suitors.

Red red

On here a lot about a new CB which is I think our most pressing position . Is not about time we used Diabate. , Dean or Dyer. . They performed well when asked to last year another year on. Our Academy players this season doing well. Surely they can’t make any more mistake.

Red Bill

Plus we'll only get 50% of any fee anyway

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Williams won't be going anywhere, plus if Caprice is fit and remains fit Williams game time should be restricted to substitute appearances with my preferred right side of Caprice and Key, (should have took the deal that was offered in the summer Randel).

Shame really 'cos Randel on song is quite an asset but I would imagine we won't be getting any money for him in the summer and it is also interesting that both Hull and Peterborough (who I think are the clubs that came in for him) are both near the top of division three - change your agent Randy

Last edited:

Red Devon

I hope it's only one. No prizes for guessing which one I hope is still here....
If it’s who I think you mean, hat trick or no hat trick he’ll need to do significantly better in the second half of this season if he wants to remain the main man so to speak.

DawlishBouy

Please give him the respect of at least spelling his name correctly.
Pot - kettle - black [see post 55].