• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Window - What do we need - Buy or Loan

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
There always are risks and there are no guarantees (ask Mansfield). When Taylor was appointed he muted wanting to get a scouting system in place, has this happened, the duff signings I can only imagine being from Agents say so, previous knowledge of a player and possibly naivety of a new manager. Hopefully as he learns he will be able to separate the quality from the Bull**** and his signings will improve.

With regards to cost we do also have to be conscious of the Cap - has that come in yet and will it affect on both sides, players and teams signings
McArdle would have been known to MT through his time at Bradford..and I believe the link to Ajose came through his Charlton connections, that’s if you’re classing them as duffs.

Pobbop

I am inclined to agree with this. Perhaps if we have some outgoings, I would be supportive of new faces coming in, but would rather we develop our own.
I think it's the immediate battle-cry of supporters everywhere, we need a proven score with pace and power, the problem is every other team in the World want that, it's really not that easy or cheap to get them.

I hope Taylor is looking for potential Loans though, we have a few contacts up the league there maybe someone worth looking at, but I'm not holding my breath, but do think the likes of Cox and others are clearly not ready, so a 3 month loan won't harm his or Veale's prospect, indeed if they are even here in 3 months...

Grecian Max

we need a proven score with pace and power, it's really not that easy or cheap to get them.
This was such a predictable post, I specifically didn't say "proven goalscorer". I don't actually think we need a forward that scores a load, but someone that comes and tires a defence following a battering from Bowman, with an occasional chance to link up in 2 up top. Pace and power, there's loads of players that offer those raw abilities. It's about offering variety down the middle and well... offering anything at all really, something Seymour is failing to ever provide....

Red Devon

With an eye on next season it’ll be very interesting to see how many of the current quartet of strikers will still be at the club, if any.

Grecianpasty

Who we sign will all depend on what happens with Williams.

Ash

With an eye on next season it’ll be very interesting to see how many of the current quartet of strikers will still be at the club, if any.
I hope it's only one. No prizes for guessing which one I hope is still here....

Ash

That's good two hear John. I've only been able to afford to watch a couple of full games, apart from that it's just been watching highlights or listening on ifollow, so haven't got as fuller picture as those of you who've watched regularly. I hope he is developing well as I like the look of him, but the 'd rather have someone with more experience while he continues to bed in.
Do you think he's as good as Storey was?
I'd say that answer to your question is no. Storey came into the side and immediately looked like our best defender. Far from missing our long time club captain, who always looked destined to play further up the pyramid, Storey actually improved us. Hartridge looks promising, but he's hardly had the same impact.

GrecianExile

Given Joel Randells start to the season, 8 goals and 3 assists which is impressive, is it possible somebody may come in for him and another young Exeter academy product moves on, or is it too soon?

Rosencrantz

I think it's the immediate battle-cry of supporters everywhere, we need a proven score with pace and power, the problem is every other team in the World want that, it's really not that easy or cheap to get them.

I hope Taylor is looking for potential Loans though, we have a few contacts up the league there maybe someone worth looking at, but I'm not holding my breath, but do think the likes of Cox and others are clearly not ready, so a 3 month loan won't harm his or Veale's prospect, indeed if they are even here in 3 months...
You can't send Sonny Cox on loan, his school would be up in arms in his exams year 😉

Ash

Given Joel Randells start to the season, 8 goals and 3 assists which is impressive, is it possible somebody may come in for him and another young Exeter academy product moves on, or is it too soon?
Please no! We've got to keep everyone until at least the end of the season surely. I think a successful offer would need to be big and I just can't see anyone wanting to pay out in the current environment. I sincerely hope I'm not mistaken, particularly as we've seen so little of him, except on ifollow