• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone remember the Gat Gun ? it was a pistol that fired a small dart.
I swapped my Jack Knife for one 😀...Kept it hidden from my patents,who would not have approved,but had no problems with me having knives 😁😁

DB9

Something like this?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
We used to bunk off college to go clay pigeon and mixy rabbit shooting on one lads farm on the edge of Dartmoor.
It still makes me wince now when I accidentally forgot to break the gun, and unleashed a round into the turf right in front of my toes.

Oldsmobile-88

Yep,That’s the one...Not very accurate iirc,but you would not want one of those darts sticking into your skin.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Yep,That’s the one...Not very accurate iirc,but you would not want one of those darts sticking into your skin.
Imagine nowadays, Walking down the road with your mates with a Gat Gun, Air rifles and a knife in its holster on your belt to play "War"

Oldsmobile-88

We used to bunk off college to go clay pigeon and mixy rabbit shooting on one lads farm on the edge of Dartmoor.
It still makes me wince now when I accidentally forgot to break the gun, and unleashed a round into the turf right in front of my toes.
I used to do Clays on a Sunday morning in the mid 1980s on a unofficial site at Longdown.
You would have got a kicking if you were spotted with a shotgun unbroken unless you were waiting for the Clays. 😁
After the Clays some of my fellow shooters brought out some weird weapons to fire off.
A couple of old *Western Colt 45s,Pistols Crossbows(which were leathal) & on one occasion a sterling sub machine gun !

We all held the relevant gun licences,though I doubt the chap with the Sterling had one 😁

*It has been illegal to posses hand guns since 1997.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
When a dart was fired you could watch it arc towards your intended target it travelled so slowly.

Oldsmobile-88

Imagine nowadays, Walking down the road with your mates with a Gat Gun, Air rifles and a knife in its holster on your belt to play "War"
A quick visit to the nearest Borstal would be beckoning I would think.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

LOG

I had loads of different toy guns. One i remember fired little plastic pellets which were all lost in no time. I then realised that the blackcurrants growing in the garden were about the same size so gave them a try and they worked a treat, plus you got "blood" on impact.

My dad came home from work one day and as he got out of his van i shot him with a blackcurrant which hit him right in the eye. Whilst this wasn't my intention, i can't argue with the fact that i'd done it. Needless to say, he wasn't very impressed and ripped the bright blue plastic gun out of my hand and stamped on it with his big work boots until there wasn't much left.

DB9

Anyone remember or had a Spud Gun?