• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Entry to SJP to be more expensive

Grecian68

I understand why it’s been done, but would you be happy if McDonald’s had reduced capacity, and charged an extra £1 for your Big Mac?
Just curious

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I understand why it’s been done, but would you be happy if McDonald’s had reduced capacity, and charged an extra £1 for your Big Mac?
Just curious
Eat out to help out

Andy_H

Just curious
I'd be happy if McD reduced capacity to 1, and then charged £500 for a big Mac. Even then there'd still be queues outside their places!

Antony Moxey

So have the club been on a PR course at Sandy Park?

Days after selling Chrisene to Villa for what’s reportedly the fat end of a year’s turnover, we get a price rise. Right when everyone’s flush with cash, and right after receiving a not unreasonable windfall from the fans in terms of unclaimed ticket money from matches not played but paid for. Combine all that with the season ticket money banked so far and I cannot see why this is necessary, especially as the Chrisene sale has now happened.

Perhaps we are just an ordinary football club after all.

fred binneys head

Surely you understand the impact of having no fans through the gate for the play offs, missing out on the home games that were cancelled, not having any fans for the first few home games of next season and having to make the ground Covid compliant? That has had, and will have, a massive impact on a club like ours.

We have no idea how much we’ve got for Crisene, how much of the agreed value we’ll receive now (as opposed to later down the track), etc.

Good on the club for being commercially sensible, it must be extremely difficult to plan for next season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If crowd numbers are limited, what would I be expected to do as a season ticket holder if I intend not going to a game?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that Crawley are expecting to be able to hold a test event in September. I wonder if we'll be able to do the same?

Antony Moxey

Surely you understand the impact of having no fans through the gate for the play offs, missing out on the home games that were cancelled, not having any fans for the first few home games of next season and having to make the ground Covid compliant? That has had, and will have, a massive impact on a club like ours.

We have no idea how much we’ve got for Crisene, how much of the agreed value we’ll receive now (as opposed to later down the track), etc.

Good on the club for being commercially sensible, it must be extremely difficult to plan for next season.
The point being the Chrisene money (if reports are to be believed) will be the fat end of a year’s turnover, which in effect means we could play the whole season behind closed doors without it costing anything. The fact that fans will be allowed in is a bonus. I must emphasise though that it’s the Chrisene transfer two days ago that to me negates the need to raise prices.

Also, making the club Covid compliant doesn’t actually cost that much, does it? A few signs and the suchlike are hardly going to break the bank. And the Chrisene money that we may or may not receive all in one hit - well the outgoings won’t all need to be paid now either, presumably they’re staggered too, so it doesn’t require us to have the whole fee as a single lump sum.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

The point being the Chrisene money (if reports are to be believed) will be the fat end of a year’s turnover, which in effect means we could play the whole season behind closed doors without it costing anything. The fact that fans will be allowed in is a bonus. I must emphasise though that it’s the Chrisene transfer two days ago that to me negates the need to raise prices.

Also, making the club Covid compliant doesn’t actually cost that much, does it? A few signs and the suchlike are hardly going to break the bank. And the Chrisene money that we may or may not receive all in one hit - well the outgoings won’t all need to be paid now either, presumably they’re staggered too, so it doesn’t require us to have the whole fee as a single lump sum.
They're fair observations and sometimes I wish the club would be more open with the financial situation, as I think fans would understand, empathise and buy in to what the club was trying to do more often. That said, I think the finances will have taken an absolute hammering in recent months and it's a sensible move to ask the POTG fans to pay a little extra in these circumstances. Season ticket holders should be unaffected, and rightly so.

fred binneys head

Just curious
If I was hangry I would gladly exchange my spleen for a Big Mac. So in answer to your question, yes.