• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Exeter City remain a fan-owned club?

Dannyred

I say No as the trust cannot move us any further forward.

We own our football club is laughable 😂

Time for a change now.

Matt Russell

It's been 20 years since The Trust took over the ownership of Exeter City football club.

I believe it is time to ask the people of Exeter whether they want a fan-owned club or not

Ed
Fine, if you believe it is time to ask the people of Exeter that, go ahead. You don't need exeweb's permission.

ex_user1234

Resigned
No, it hasn’t. The Trust took ownership of the club in 2003.
Apologies, I stand corrected. It's been 17 years of ownership. The Trust have been doing a lot of PR about their 20-year anniversary recently, which no doubt subconsciously impacted my thinking. The broader question remains.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, until there is a concrete offer from an alternative to buy the shares owned by the Trust wherein the question can be properly asked and considered in lines with the prospective new owners plans.
I'll go for this one, Mainly because if we as a club wish to climb the EFL ladder, The nature of the beast in football means we need a shed load of money that as a club/trust we would never be able to raise.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Do we really need ANOTHER thread on this topic???

By golly, those sour grapes from "Chateau Ed" are certainly producing copious quantities of whine.
Lockdown must be getting to me , even I'm agreeing with G2K !

GJW

as the trust cannot move us any further forward.
Danny, your statement surely should read “as I believe the Trust cannot move us any further forward”, to say otherwise would not be factually correct. It is about your perception of the Trust and hence your opinion, nothing more than that.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, until there is a concrete offer from an alternative to buy the shares owned by the Trust wherein the question can be properly asked and considered in lines with the prospective new owners plans.
Do you know how much the Trust's shares are worth out of interest?

How much are devonbet.com going to have to pay to wrestle control and then install Ed and DannyRed as Chief Exec and Chair to turn us into a PL side within 5 years?

iscalad

Lockdown must be getting to me , even I'm agreeing with G2K !
I believe they are working on a vaccine

Rosencrantz

How much are devonbet.com going to have to pay to wrestle control and then install Ed and DannyRed as Chief Exec and Chair to turn us into a PL side within 5 years?
I am no expert in buying companies unlike some but I would think the shares are worth whatever somewhat wants to pay for them that is agreeable to the seller (The Trust). Is that how it works Ali?

ex_user1234

Resigned

Very good. I actually said our potential is to be a sustainable Championship side within 10 years. I imagine the Trust's shares are worth next to zero. The club is loss-making, doesn't own hardly anything and has a load of liabilities.