• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football to resume on June 6

Legohead

Banned

This happens while football is suspended, Even behind closed doors i'd be worried if i were a footballer
How are they getting it though when they've been locked down without working like the majority of us for the last 7 weeks. That's what I'd like to know.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
How are they getting it though when they've been locked down without working like the majority of us for the last 7 weeks. That's what I'd like to know.
Gord knows mate, it can lie dormant and no symptoms shown, That's the problem, If this player showed no signs of having it and only recently the club was testing everyone because of talk getting the season started I guess he could of had it for weeks?

andrew p long

difficult to say, but if the player is like MT and has a partner/member of the household who works at the RD&E or equivalent then there is always that risk. The government stats show thousand of new cases across the country each day.

Legohead

Banned
Walker’s latest wrongdoing was going to visit his family and not correctly socially distancing. Thousands of people will have also done this, they just aren’t followed around by journalists.
Of course they are paid millions and should be setting an example, but to knowing you will be vilified by the press for every mistake you make can’t be easy.

Nobody questioning the journo, who has obviously been sat outside his house waiting for him to leave, then tailing him everywhere he goes. Is that essential travel?
Sorry but some of this isn't believable. Walker is a high profile footballer and therefore should be acutely aware that anything he does (wrong) will be closely reported on. If he does nothing wrong then there is nothing for a reporter to report. If he stays at home or undertakes an essential journey like the rest of us have had to then he has done nothing wrong and thus there is nothing for the reporter to report.

Obviously the journo sat outside has questions to answer if this is the case and I agree with you there but Walker is a f**kwit and deserves the negative press IMO.

denzel

This happens while football is suspended, Even behind closed doors i'd be worried if i were a footballer
How on earth are they contracting it? Unless they are all doing a Kyle Walker theres no excuse.

Legohead

Banned
How on earth are they contracting it? Unless they are all doing a Kyle Walker theres no excuse.
It would not surprise me in the slightest if a lot of footballers have been flouting the rules. The ones that the press have reported on are only the ones that have been caught. The likelihood is that there are many more I would assume.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
When the Club's get to make a decision will it be all 72 clubs making it a collective decision, or will the 24 clubs make a decision for L2, the 23 for L1 and the 24 for the Championship? I don't see why the Championship clubs would be able to decide for L2!

i8cornwall

When the Club's get to make a decision will it be all 72 clubs making it a collective decision, or will the 24 clubs make a decision for L2, the 23 for L1 and the 24 for the Championship? I don't see why the Championship clubs would be able to decide for L2!
Has it been said if it’s has to be the same decision for all three divisions?

or for example can L2 be null and void but L1 plays there remaining games?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

But at least they were tested. Had they been feeling ill, or was it a routine test? We don't know how many people are walking around with the virus unaware they have it, and passing it on.

Oldsmobile-88

Has it been said if it’s has to be the same decision for all three divisions?

or for example can L2 be null and void but L1 plays there remaining games?
L1 & L2 seems to be spoken about in a different context from some of the discussions I have heard.
No idea if this is correct of course.

The Championship will be a bit different in the fact that it’s wrapped up with issues with the PL.