• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Legohead

Banned
The chief medical officer was travelling to her holiday home wasn't she? Which is clearly an uneccessary journey. Mr Jenrick was heading to his parent to drof off food and medicines which is a necessary journey.

I've ordered a few things this week from amazon as it my kids 11th tomorrow and we've got her some presents. Amazon deliveries including anything from Lego sets to games consoles are still allowed yet are uneccessary journeys.

It's a bit of a quandary.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Morning RP

I have edited your posts to the points I want to comment on.

Regarding the first paragraph you are right that public opinion and the media forced a change of government policy. Until people actually experience the effect of lockdown they cannot really appreciate what it means and as the wider effects of its consequences are understood and felt, support for it may rapidly dwindle. Public opinion is fickle and a lot of people will start saying is this really the right answer as deaths continue at current levels. The fact that the lockdown recognised this will get lost sight of.

As regards Mr Jenrick, on looking at the guidelines, I agree that it appears he has not broken the rules. Not the same circumstances as the Chief Medical Officer in Scotland. Trouble is though that impressions are important and shroud the facts. Was there not another family member who could carry out the mission ?
Thanks Al

I don't actually think that the majority opinion is that fickle. It's the press whipping things up " When WILL this end" etc. I agree that BJ was coerced into starting the lockdown earlier than he intended. We want to see an end, of course. But those demanding we have an full exit strategy before having accurate and comprehensive data about infection rates, the spread, the immunity if you've had, the testing accuracy are just jumping the gun. The exit strategy is we will come out of lockdown, in stages, when the evidence justifies it.

Jenrick I have no issue with although the reports that he is also buzzing between his London home and family home are more of an issue. Accept totally he wants to see his immediate family, but if he is holed up in London due to his important job and his wife and children are 150 miles away, so be it. Lots of families will be making similar sacrifices.

Legohead

Banned
Covidiots on the M5 with caravans. You couldn't make this up. I actually hope they all perish.

Begs the question, where were they going? Everything is closed?!

Bizarre.

To think they wouldn't get spotted on an empty motorway towing a caravan is why they should be pushed into a very deep, disused canal.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you can't holiday in Devon then how about the south of France?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hoping to get some proper PPE at work next week. Social distancing can't work in my environment. Perhaps I should swap over to being a delivery driver where social distancing exists.

nick_exmouth

Hoping to get some proper PPE at work next week. Social distancing can't work in my environment. Perhaps I should swap over to being a delivery driver where social distancing exists.
What are you expecting? Mask and gloves? Sounds about right if you are in the 'shop floor' was in my local coop today and they had PPE on the shop floor but not behind tills. Plastic screen was installed

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nightingale hospital to be built at West point.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nightingale hospital to be built at West point.
Is that to cover Devon and Cornwall?

iscalad

[/QUOT
No idea. I would have thought so, though.

geoffwp

Covidiots on the M5 with caravans. You couldn't make this up. I actually hope they all perish.

Begs the question, where were they going? Everything is closed?!

Bizarre.

To think they wouldn't get spotted on an empty motorway towing a caravan is why they should be pushed into a very deep, disused canal.
While i agree there are folk out there who constantly take the mickey and push boundaries, IMO its a bit strong to hope they all perish? ie die?