• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Legohead

Banned
While i agree there are folk out there who constantly take the mickey and push boundaries, IMO its a bit strong to hope they all perish? ie die?
We've discussed this topic before haven't we Geoff so I understand your point. I really cannot think of anything else right now as an alternative punishment for the anger these morons make me feel.

People like this really need some severe punishment, OK so not death. But if they were severely dealt with as they should be then I might not be thinking in these absolute terms.

These people always get away with things like this and we are currently in a national emergency. If they want to do something as ridiculous, brazen and selfish as head to the coast with their caravans whilst the rest of us have been cooped up for 3 weeks doing our bit to help stop the spread then yes, I have no regard for them or their pathetic, arrogant lives.

Legohead

Banned
On a more positive note. In the hospital I was born, Doncaster. A hundred year old man has just left after surviving covid 19.

We're made of stern stuff us Doncastrians!

Great story that.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps that's where the phrase 'hung like a donkey' comes from then.😎

Alistair20000

Perhaps that's where the phrase 'hung like a donkey' comes from then.😎
Ooh err missus :eek:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
For all the spotlight on the few idiots still partying, barbecuing in the park, cycling/biking in herds and generally ignoring the guidance, I've read a couple of things today that suggest that observance of the guidance is far in excess of what the government expected. They presumed there would be x% non-observance but in reality it is a fraction of x. Same goes with number of children still at school, and number of people actually still going to a place of work - both significantly less than expected.

What this means for lifting the restrictions I'm not sure, but it is interesting/reassuring in many ways. Also means the economy is even more fooked than predicted.

I also read that 91% of people back extending the lockdown period, which isn't the impression you'd get from reading the front pages of the tabloids.

DB9

I also read that 91% of people back extending the lockdown period, which isn't the impression you'd get from reading the front pages of the tabloids.
There's a lesson there, Ignore the tabloids 👍😄

Alistair20000

For all the spotlight on the few idiots still partying, barbecuing in the park, cycling/biking in herds and generally ignoring the guidance, I've read a couple of things today that suggest that observance of the guidance is far in excess of what the government expected. They presumed there would be x% non-observance but in reality it is a fraction of x. Same goes with number of children still at school, and number of people actually still going to a place of work - both significantly less than expected.

What this means for lifting the restrictions I'm not sure, but it is interesting/reassuring in many ways. Also means the economy is even more fooked than predicted.

I have read articles too that suggest the government has completely misjudged the preparedness of Joe Public to comply with the lockdown and in consequence the economy is bombing more than expected.

Legohead

Banned
Still cannot believe this is actually happening though.

Legohead

Banned
I have a query if anybody can help? During the lockdown I am aware that you are allowed to exercise outside your home such as go for a walk so long as it within walking distance of your home. I have not left my house / garden for 3 weeks now and am thinking about maybe going out on the streets for a walk. Keeping my distance from others of course. How far is too far? How far is reasonable walking distance?

geoffwp

Actually, in a weird sort of way, I'm getting used to it all now. It's interesting that the less choice there seems to be the happier I am at the one I choose, whether that is what I'm going to do with the day at any given time or the meal I'm going to make for dinner. When lockdown first started each day felt like groundhog day but it's got easier the more I've learned to just accept it and live within it. I found time to do things I've been putting off for ages because I didn't have the time to do them! Out of all the negative awfulness it's good to have something that feels positive. 👍