• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window Ins Outs And Rumours

benjisheps

A Twitter transfer rumour account.
I'd be shocked if MT has the budget to sign a striker this window. We already have Bowman, Ajose, Seymour, Martin (yes I know some don't class him as a forward) and Fisher to come back.

I would imagine that MT will be looking at Left Wing back to be honest.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loan signings in the last two January windows - Ryan Loft and Jayden Brown.

IIRC they managed the grand total of 45 minutes action between them.

Whilst it may be easy to get a loan in, they really need to be good enough and ready for league two action.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

Whilst it may be easy to get a loan in, they really need to be good enough and ready for league two action.
I'm broadly with this. Unless we can find an experienced LB who is kicking his heels (which seems unlikely) I'd rather recall Hartridge and Smerdon and give either of them a chance until Woody is fit again.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster

This is the inherent problem with the loan market. If they are first team ready, there seems to be competition for them.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We also signed Kane Wilson on loan last January having spent the first half of the season at Walsall. I wonder if Tranmere are looking to keep him for the rest of the season, hasn't had much game time what with injury and suspension?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
We also signed Kane Wilson on loan last January having spent the first half of the season at Walsall. I wonder if Tranmere are looking to keep him for the rest of the season, hasn't had much game time what with injury and suspension?
He has a reoccurring injury that is curtailing his season.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd imagine he'd rather not come here as an emergency LB.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm broadly with this. Unless we can find an experienced LB who is kicking his heels (which seems unlikely) I'd rather recall Hartridge and Smerdon and give either of them a chance until Woody is fit again.

Woody is still to have an operation according to MT yesterday Deanno should be the first one back.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has a reoccurring injury that is curtailing his season.
Be interesting to see what WBA do with him at the end of the season and how his injury pans out https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/03/27/west-brom-defender-kane-wilson-signs-new-contract/

jimbo-gould

Apparently we're after Rhys Murphy of Yeovil along with a number of other clubs. I rate this rumour as a 3 out of 10.
It’s been posted by Pete O’Rourke. He’s usually pretty reliable for the lower leagues.