• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trophy - Ipswich at home

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Paul Lambert calls the fixture "ludicrous" and "pathetic".

Just another whinging Jock, who is also saying Glasgow is closer to Ipswich than Exeter. "Fake News" you tartan plonker, Ipswich to Exeter 264 miles by road, or Glasgow 405miles !

Colesman Ballz

If Ipswich beat Coventry in their cup replay, they will be at Brizzie Rovers or "heaven forbid Scummers", the week-end before our game too ! Tee hee.

Red Devon

Just another whinging Jock, who is also saying Glasgow is closer to Ipswich than Exeter. "Fake News" you tartan plonker, Ipswich to Exeter 264 miles by road, or Glasgow 405miles !

Interesting he’s saying he’ll continue to play their young uns .

exeter-loyal

The kids will do em I'm comfident about this one!!

Another £40k added to the bank thank you very much.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
They do, but hopefully they wont play him in this competition.
He was an unused substitute in their 2nd round tie against Coventry but not in their squad yesterday for their game against the same opponents. Indeed he has only made the squad three times in the last seven games so I would not totally discount the possibility of him being included in the team to play us.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can sort out Norwood by leaving a pile of Mars bars and cans of Coke in the away dressing room before the game. !
And a wide selection of pink boots for him to try on, to remind him of his time here!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Paul Lambert calls the fixture "ludicrous" and "pathetic".

It's his own fault. If he'd done a better job at some of his previous clubs he might not be managing in the back of beyond now.

Legohead

Banned
'I think it's terrible to ask fans to travel that distance in midweek....it's ludicrous ' he goes on to say.

Well if you ARE an Ipswich fan and considering making the trip for this NOTHING MATCH then yes, that is clearly ludicrous.

It also says that the Blues could go on to play 4 away games in 13 days. What they don't mention is they are Lincoln away which isn't a million miles away from Ipswich as isn't Wycombe.

It's clear to me that this moaning is simply a smokescreen to hide his real feelings on the competition which are it being a complete and utter joke and he doesn't want to be a part of it but also doesn't want to admit it in public. He's frustrated that he has to travel to Exeter and back for what is a meaningless game and it's not the distance that's the problem. If it were a midweek FA Cup game in round 4 or something then he wouldn't be moaning. I'm gonna cut him some slack on this one.

grecIAN Harris

'I think it's terrible to ask fans to travel that distance in midweek....it's ludicrous ' he goes on to say.

Well if you ARE an Ipswich fan and considering making the trip for this NOTHING MATCH then yes, that is clearly ludicrous.

It also says that the Blues could go on to play 4 away games in 13 days. What they don't mention is they are Lincoln away which isn't a million miles away from Ipswich as isn't Wycombe.
Lincoln is 150 miles away by the quickest timed route. It's a bit like saying we've only got to go to Walsall, it isn't a million miles away.

Ash

Lincoln is 150 miles away by the quickest timed route. It's a bit like saying we've only got to go to Walsall, it isn't a million miles away.
Well, it isn't