• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trophy - Ipswich at home

budegrecian

I'm sure I remember travelling to Walsall one year, when it was our nearest away fixture.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, it isn't

153 Miles A1M via Cambridge - The quickest way according to google maps.

Grecian2K

153 Miles A1M via Cambridge - The quickest way according to google maps.
Umm, not at the moment it isn't - with all of the roadworks on the A14 at the moment.
Just ask my youngest lass - she's been in a permanent state of commuting fury for the past year or more.
Probably quicker to go by ferry via Amsterdam and get a flight to Birmingham International!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if they will play on the Saturday now that both have a free weekend on the 3rd

The deluder

I wonder if they will play on the Saturday now that both have a free weekend on the 3rd
Would seem to be common sense and would hopefully improve the crowd. Depends on Ipswich presumably.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would seem to be common sense and would hopefully improve the crowd. Depends on Ipswich presumably.
Makes sense for both clubs to play on free weekend to make travelling easier for Ipswich plus give us important revenue income to assist hope in gaining prize money which may come in handy at start of transfer window. UTC

Red Devon

Would probably feel like a proper FA Cup tie. 😊

Oldsmobile-88

Would probably feel like a proper FA Cup tie. 😊
We could pretend it’s the FAC 3rd round.
I’m sure someone will be able to knock up a tin foil FA Cup..😁😎

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt if the EFL would allow it - "The eight fixtures split between the North and South sections will take place the week commencing 6 January", blah, blah,

denzel

I doubt if the EFL would allow it - "The eight fixtures split between the North and South sections will take place the week commencing 6 January", blah, blah,
Should at least ask. Surely the EFL would prefer a (slightly) higher crowd, unless they really are happy with 500 turning up?