• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
How many of the family actually voted in the move to Tavy referendum art ? 37% ;)
Never understood why they didn't plump for Tedburn. Leaving Exeter, respecting the 'will of the family' but still able to work and shop in the city, makes sense to me.

Tavistock ? Move means move. :)

IndoMike

Never understood why they didn't plump for Tedburn. Leaving Exeter, respecting the 'will of the family' but still able to work and shop in the city, makes sense to me.

They wouldn't be true Exiters if they went to Tebbern.

tavyred

N. Ireland voted to remain, didn"t it?
Yep........

IndoMike

Gibraltar, too. Another one sold down the river

IndoMike

Gibraltar, too. Another one sold down the river
Googling ,Tavy?😅

tavyred

Googling ,Tavy?😅
Googling what?

Alistair20000

Rory Stewart, like an increasing number of MPs, is currently running rogue and this is part of the problem. There is Rory and his ilk on one side ready to stand down with their minds on other things (i.e. London Mayor) and on the other hand you have the more extreme party switchers e.g. Wollaston. They are united in one thing though and that's their reluctance to have a by election, and little wonder as to why that is.

In short, these MPs no longer fully represent the ticket the were elected on. A GE is required so that they can align more with their current thinking, but a lot of them (if not all) unsurprisingly voted against having a GE at this juncture. Basically the whole thing is fücked mainly thanks to Clegg and his bloody FTPA. There is a reason we never had fixed terms before, and this is it.
Why did Call Me Dave not repeal the FTPA when he won his majority in 2015 ? It had a purpose when we had the Coalition. Just the usual CMD laziness ?

I recall Lady Nugee squawking daily after the 2017 GE that Teaser was "squatting" in Number 10 having lost her majority. Rubbish of course as the Tories were by far the largest party and her duty was to seek to form a government which she did. I wonder why Emily is not calling those MP's who have changed parties "squatters" for that is exactly what they are. I guess it is because they are mainly Remainers like her. They are too gutless to submit themselves to a by election of course.

Compare and contrast with those awful defectors to UKIP (Carslake & Reckless) who did do the decent thing and fought by elections which they won.

This is another issue that a new Parliament ought to sort out. Compulsory by election or at least a recall motion with 10% of the electorate needed to trigger it.

Alistair20000

Binary choice though Elgy but we do not levy tariffs here in Tebburn.

IndoMike

Googling what?
I don't know...I just asked a question? It's IK to Google

Alistair20000

Googling ,Tavy?😅
Indo. Post 7075: it is poor form to ask yourself a question and to refer to yourself as Tavy. As Big John B would holler: Sort yourself out man. :) Take a pill or summat.

Just saying like.