• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lewis Ward signs from Reading

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And near to "the facilities" so he doesn't need to ask where the loo is.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Presumably we are allowed to sign a player who is not currently contracted to a club - eg Chris Weale. Not sure whether we are allowed to sign someone from non-league but I hear the Truro keeper has been doing ok!
We replaced Chris Weale, but can't remember who the new coach is, or if they can still play!
:confused:

IndoMike

That sounds a lot better from the other comments.
It sounds better but it's unlikely. Snoop says physio is not necessary, but it is.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
We replaced Chris Weale, but can't remember who the new coach is, or if they can still play!
:confused:
Steve hale is his name and i think his playing days are long past him.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It sounds better but it's unlikely. Snoop says physio is not necessary, but it is.
When I dislocated my elbow there was also a hairline fracture; although it healed very quickly the arm was locked in place and I had to have quite a lot of physio before I got the usual flexibility and movement back.

IndoMike

When I dislocated my elbow there was also a hairline fracture; although it healed very quickly the arm was locked in place and I had to have quite a lot of physio before I got the usual flexibility and movement back.
Yes, SEA. There's no way he can be back playing in 6 weeks, even more so because he's a goalie diving around on a hardish surface. He's bound to need physiotherapy.
to make sure he's absolutely fit and his arm is totally recovered.
The good news is Maxted played more than 20 games for Accy in Div 1 so IMO he's a perfectly good replacement. No need to rush Ward back
From another SEA bloke 👍

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, SEA. There's no way he can be back playing in 6 weeks, even more so because he's a goalie diving around on a hardish surface. He's bound to need physiotherapy.
to make sure he's absolutely fit and his arm is totally recovered.
The good news is Maxted played more than 20 games for Accy in Div 1 so IMO he's a perfectly good replacement. No need to rush Ward back
From another SEA bloke 👍
It all depends on the injury; if it's just a hairline fracture he could be back sooner and the fact he didn't go off straight away suggests it may not be too serious. Frankly we are all blindly speculating with no real knowledge, though when has that ever stopped any of us before.

And finally, after nearly 900 posts, someone has worked out my user name and why I usually post in the middle of the night English time!

IndoMike

It all depends on the injury; if it's just a hairline fracture he could be back sooner and the fact he didn't go off straight away suggests it may not be too serious. Frankly we are all blindly speculating with no real knowledge, though when has that ever stopped any of us before.

And finally, after nearly 900 posts, someone has worked out my user name and why I usually post in the middle of the night English time!
I worked it out a long time ago..just no need to mention it (thought it might be a secret 🙂)

IndoMike

After intensive Googling and own experience I am convinced that my conclusion is correct and predict that he won't be fit to play for another 8 weeks. Mind you, it took me a long time to work out that the Earth wasn't flat.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
No probs Dr Indo, he won't be rushed back it's not the MT way he wants his players fit so they can add consistency to the team if selected. Anyway our number two is a former league one goalie it's not like he has been signed from Guernsey or anywhere.