• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lewis Ward signs from Reading

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
No probs Dr Indo, he won't be rushed back it's not the MT way he wants his players fit so they can add consistency to the team if selected. Anyway our number two is a former league one goalie it's not like he has been signed from Guernsey or anywhere.
Dr. Google..
Yep, I'm not worried at all about this. Think Maxted is a good keeper and looking on the bright side it's good that he will get a run of several games.
Bad luck for Ward, but c'est la vie.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Great management from Taylor , after having a weak back up keeper - he's seen the need for a quality number 2 - Hamon last year at Macclesfield cost us the game ( and Pym getting himself sent off) and therefore the playoffs. So I'm happy to see Maxted in the Nets

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great management from Taylor , after having a weak back up keeper - he's seen the need for a quality number 2 - Hamon last year at Macclesfield cost us the game ( and Pym getting himself sent off) and therefore the playoffs. So I'm happy to see Maxted in the Nets
The problem is that, for example, Pym missed 3 or 4 league games in the last couple of seasons so it's quite a lot of money to be paying a player who may potentially hardly play a game. And that's always presuming you can persuade a quality keeper to sit on the bench.

And don't get me started on the Pym sending-off which was a complete stitch-up. The authorities admitted it should never have been a penalty but didn't bother to rescind the yellow card.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is that, for example, Pym missed 3 or 4 league games in the last couple of seasons so it's quite a lot of money to be paying a player who may potentially hardly play a game. And that's always presuming you can persuade a quality keeper to sit on the bench.

And don't get me started on the Pym sending-off which was a complete stitch-up. The authorities admitted it should never have been a penalty but didn't bother to rescind the yellow card.
Were unable to is the correct phrase - as far as I'm aware yellows can only be rescinded in cases of mistaken identity rather than the referee being a berk with a messiah complex.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Were unable to is the correct phrase - as far as I'm aware yellows can only be rescinded in cases of mistaken identity rather than the referee being a berk with a messiah complex.
You may well be right but in which case the rules don't make much sense. Surely if the red card has been given for two bookable offences, one of which has been admitted to have been wrong, then the red card should be rescinded.

Matt Russell

You've fallen into the trap of thinking that common sense plays any part in this.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're right of course, unfortunately a lot of rules don't make any sense, like having a player suspended after a match has finished because video has picked up an incident, and yet with the same video evidence they can't give penalties or award goals where again the referee has missed the incident. Until it can work all ways (VAR) they shouldn't mess with the decisions on the day at a later date. As everyone says over a season it all evens out

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're right of course, unfortunately a lot of rules don't make any sense, like having a player suspended after a match has finished because video has picked up an incident, and yet with the same video evidence they can't give penalties or award goals where again the referee has missed the incident. Until it can work all ways (VAR) they shouldn't mess with the decisions on the day at a later date. As everyone says over a season it all evens out
We're drifting away from Lewis Ward but both the post-match decisions this season haven't made much sense. At Stevenage the referee said he didn't see Parkes using his elbow even though he appeared to be looking right at the incident. And against Mansfield the referee's decision was overturned even though the video footage was from a worse angle than the referee originally had.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It sounds better but it's unlikely. Snoop says physio is not necessary, but it is.
He'll be available for selection in 6 weeks. He fractured his ulna, not dislocated his elbow.

SimonBB

Looks like we are looking for a free agent replacement as we can’t bring in a loan.