• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs MK D*ns build up thread

Stelios

Forgetting Tiswas for one moment... Reception for former City players before kick off?

JMT: Pantomime boo/hiss. Yes he was a great leader and a great academy 'product' but that clause was a bleddy joke.
Harley: Polite applause. So much class over the years
Wheeler: Polite applause. Loved him down here. Proper player who worked himself up from non-league. I'm scared.
Simpson: Laugh. Then cry when he comes off the bench to score a 95th minute winner. We all know it will happen. There is nothing we can do to stop it.

Exehausted

Forgetting Tiswas for one moment... Reception for former City players before kick off?

JMT: Pantomime boo/hiss. Yes he was a great leader and a great academy 'product' but that clause was a bleddy joke.
Harley: Polite applause. So much class over the years
Wheeler: Polite applause. Loved him down here. Proper player who worked himself up from non-league. I'm scared.
Simpson: Laugh. Then cry when he comes off the bench to score a 95th minute winner. We all know it will happen. There is nothing we can do to stop it.
JMT: Will he be fit? Doubt it, but if he is he's one of our own and was fantastic for us for five seasons. Can't blame him for doubling his salary. I'm sure, like Deano he'll be back one day. Good applause.
Harley: Applause of appreciation for the fantastic memories that he created. I expect him to be .up against Archie if he plays. Archie will be too young and hungry for Ryan and will mark him out of the game.
Wheeler: Again, applause of appreciation. One of our most consistent performers of recent years. If he starts, he deserves respect but I expect Kane Wilson to be too young and hungry for him. I'm not overly worried.
Simpson: Total indifference. Not the worst striker I have seen in a City shirt over the last 52 years, but in the top five. Even if he's on the bench I doubt he will come on. If he does he won't trouble our central defenders. He wont score a 95th minute winner.

100milesaway

Only my second time I’ll have made the trip to SJP this season but this has been in the diary all season. I predict a classic: 3-3

Or a 0-0!!!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
All 4 plus Tisdale: warm applause - they all put a shift in for the stripes.

sidney

JMT: Will he be fit? Doubt it, but if he is he's one of our own and was fantastic for us for five seasons. Can't blame him for doubling his salary. I'm sure, like Deano he'll be back one day. Good applause.
Harley: Applause of appreciation for the fantastic memories that he created. I expect him to be .up against Archie if he plays. Archie will be too young and hungry for Ryan and will mark him out of the game.
Wheeler: Again, applause of appreciation. One of our most consistent performers of recent years. If he starts, he deserves respect but I expect Kane Wilson to be too young and hungry for him. I'm not overly worried.
Simpson: Total indifference. Not the worst striker I have seen in a City shirt over the last 52 years, but in the top five. Even if he's on the bench I doubt he will come on. If he does he won't trouble our central defenders. He wont score a 95th minute winner.
I don't think the last 52 years quite takes us back to George McLean, an awful lummock who used to drive my Dad crazy. Incredibly we paid £4,000 for him in those days, which was a lot of money. Think paying £200,000 for Rhead now. I googled him and came across this, which is worth reading as the victims were Argyle:
codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=67

16 Dec 2008 - I wanted to relate this tale about big George McLean who played for the Mariners, Exeter City, Workington and Barrow, among others.

Exehausted

I don't think the last 52 years quite takes us back to George McLean, an awful lummock who used to drive my Dad crazy. Incredibly we paid £4,000 for him in those days, which was a lot of money. Think paying £200,000 for Rhead now. I googled him and came across this, which is worth reading as the victims were Argyle:
codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=67

16 Dec 2008 - I wanted to relate this tale about big George McLean who played for the Mariners, Exeter City, Workington and Barrow, among others.
You're right, George Mclean was before my time. In 1967 it was Alan Banks and Dermot Curtis. I can't say that I have ever heard the name Mclean mentioned in connection with us.

chunkymorrinmunter

You're right, George Mclean was before my time. In 1967 it was Alan Banks and Dermot Curtis. I can't say that I have ever heard the name Mclean mentioned in connection with us.
Big George knew my father ,father knew big George,so the chant went.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember George McClean. Tall, gritty striker who couldn't strike. One game an opponent tried to bring him down and he stood over the bloke with fist ready and a snarl on his face that would have scared away a rattle snake. Think he was Glaswegian. Funny the things you remember.

Ash

I hope you're right about Kane and Archie, but I fear the opposite may be true. Can't say I'm looking forward to seeing either David or Ryan play against us, both class on their day. If either plays to the best of their ability, we may be in trouble.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
MK undoubtedly have some high quality players and Tisdale will have briefed them well on our strengths and weaknesses. We definitely have the ability to get the 3 points though. The players will be up for this, they know how much it means.

Hope Tisdale, Harley and Wheeler all get a great reception. Can't fault the years of service they gave us. Whether you agreed with Tisdale or not, he undoubtedly had passion for the club and really did care about its long term progression on and off the field. Wheeler and JMT were both fantastic and rightly have taken their opportunity to financially better themselves - it's a short career in football so you can't blame them for wanting to make the most of their talents while they can. Harley when he was in form at his peak was one of my favourite players of all time, watching him run a midfield was a truly beautiful thing, close to legendary status in my book. Hope they all get a rousing reception but dont take any points away with them!