• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs MK D*ns build up thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know what you mean John but up here between Bristol and Bath we've got 7 inches of lying snow. It's been snowing non stop since about 7pm yesterday evening, looks like it just about stopping now but it's the most significant snow i've seen for many years.
I'm sure there has been localised inconvenience which if it's you can be serious if flights are cancelled etc.

But it's the same every time, people get stuck on the moors because they are unprepared and don't take advice, the news media then exaggerates this ridiculously. I realise that snow is relatively rare in the south of England and it may not be cost-effective to invest in infrastructure (though LHR has), but we then can't complain if occasionally there are delays. People from the north and other countries just laugh at this.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
John, ive always thought that it was the rarity itself of heavy snow in the west that gets the media so worked up. Most folk just get on with things or hibernate for a day.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure there has been localised inconvenience which if it's you can be serious if flights are cancelled etc.

But it's the same every time, people get stuck on the moors because they are unprepared and don't take advice, the news media then exaggerates this ridiculously. I realise that snow is relatively rare in the south of England and it may not be cost-effective to invest in infrastructure (though LHR has), but we then can't complain if occasionally there are delays. People from the north and other countries just laugh at this.
I've just seen a tweet from someone stuck at Leigh Delamere. I am not sure it is exaggerated at the moment, though hopefully it will be OK in the morning

Benguin

I'm in bristol, been very heavy snow since last evening until about an hour and a half ago.

The traffic never stopped and is moving well on all main routes.

No need to panic, the roads will be fine tomorrow and i am setting off as normal, although my van does have winter tyres on.

Red Nose

I'm not sure the north is better prepared than down here. I've been in Manchester this week and Wednesday morning was chaos. Airport shut, roads shut etc etc. I was very glad to arrive back at Exeter Airport yesterday evening before the the snow really kicked in down here. I suspect the Exeter Airport was shut soon after.

Early Bath

but their pictures show traffic moving normally on the M4 at Chippenham and Heathrow and other airports apart from Bristol are operating as normal. .
To confirm, my son, who runs his own private taxi co. in Sidmouth, left about 0200 this morning to go to Heathrow to pick up two passengers returning from holiday. He arrived at about 0600, he did not use any motorway (M4/M5) and said it only took about an hour longer than usual, he makes this trip regularly.
The return journey would have been ok except that a jacked knifed lorry held him up for about 2 hours, with no alternative route available. As he said, thank goodness for winter tyres as he passed loads of cars without them just not going anywhere!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The interview was the bog standard stuff you would expect. In fairness to PT, all he said was "he'd like to think he made some contribution" which is a comment that no one, besides the rabid anti Tisdale candidates, could take issue with. I fervently hope that we stuff MK, because we need the points, not because of some of the overly patronising things he and his entourage have said in the past.....
Although bizarrely Devon Live carries what appears to be the same interview, but this time rather than saying: 'Even the facilities have changed since I last went, which I'd like to think I helped contribute to,' which, I agree, seems eminently reasonable, Tis is quoted as saying: 'Even the facilities have developed since I left, which I like to think I contributed hugely towards through my time there.'

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/paul-tisdales-mixed-emotions-exeter-2495255

C j phill

If the Devonlive reported comments are correct, he certainly has a high opinion of himself.

I think he's a reasonable manager at league2 / league 1 level but I'm not sure that I think he's as good as he thinks he is.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Getting a little bit worried about the snow here in NE Hants. Not going to be happy if I'm stuck at home for this game. :(

Langer

Buck off Tisdale.