• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Barnet Matchday Thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Stockley defiantly wasn't man of the match - in fact I thought he wasn't at the races , doesn't help when 40-50 yard hopeful punts are what your feeding off....

Boateng or JMT would of been MOTM for me with Boateng given his effort shading it...

There is no way that type of performance will see us make the payoffs if it continues through the 2nd half of the season - we would of been murdered by a decent ish side yesterday....Pym made 2 top stops & they hit the bar and with a little more composer would of made the most of there counter attacks

Grecian2K

A bit hard on Jayden there Credy....I thought he remained remarkably defiant leading the line in an often thankless role.

Agree though about the lack of composer - perhaps we do need to sign a decent Right Bach in the January window.

Oh, and PS - thought you said you were NEVER going back to SJP (even for free!!) while Tis was still there? Did you hack into Pate's Arizonan video account to watch the game??

CREDYGRECIAN

Been the last 2-3 home games....it's the hope that kills you.

Antony Moxey

Been the last 2-3 home games....it's the hope that kills you.
Once a Grecian eh Creds? Doesn’t matter how much they frustrate it’s still impossible to turn your back on live football regardless of what you tell yourself. I’ve said a number o& times it’ll be my last season as an ST holder but I’m still there with me debit card in hand when the early bird prices are announced.

Of course the real question is when is mini Creds making his (?) debut on the Bank?

grecIAN Harris

Stockley defiantly wasn't man of the match - in fact I thought he wasn't at the races , doesn't help when 40-50 yard hopeful punts are what your feeding off....

Boateng or JMT would of been MOTM for me with Boateng given his effort shading it...

There is no way that type of performance will see us make the payoffs if it continues through the 2nd half of the season - we would of been murdered by a decent ish side yesterday....Pym made 2 top stops & they hit the bar and with a little more composer would of made the most of there counter attacks
I would have said you were wrong on all counts. Stockley, as you said, was given scraps to feed on. That's the quietest game I've seen Boateng have since he's arrived and Moore-Taylor didn't do anything special apart from the goal line clearance in the first half. To be honest I wouldn't have said there was anybody who had a stand out performance yesterday to deserve Man of the Match.

CREDYGRECIAN

Once a Grecian eh Creds? Doesn’t matter how much they frustrate it’s still impossible to turn your back on live football regardless of what you tell yourself. I’ve said a number o& times it’ll be my last season as an ST holder but I’m still there with me debit card in hand when the early bird prices are announced.

Of course the real question is when is mini Creds making his (?) debut on the Bank?
He's 2 in January so I'd imagine it won't be for another couple years....

I can't put the lad through it surely.....

CREDYGRECIAN

I would have said you were wrong on all counts. Stockley, as you said, was given scraps to feed on. That's the quietest game I've seen Boateng have since he's arrived and Moore-Taylor didn't do anything special apart from the goal line clearance in the first half. To be honest I wouldn't have said there was anybody who had a stand out performance yesterday to deserve Man of the Match.
I just thought Boateng worked as hard or if not a bit harder than the rest.....but your not wrong all the MOTM contenders certainly wasn't in red and white

Antony Moxey

He's 2 in January so I'd imagine it won't be for another couple years....

I can't put the lad through it surely.....
Haha - I suspect Mrs Creds might be calling Childline on his behalf! I wasn’t sure how old he was - both mine started going when they were five - you know you can’t wait for the day when you take him to his first game and hook the poor boy for life. It’s a dad and lad rite of passage.

grecIAN Harris

Reading this thread I'm starting to seriously doubt my own opinion on football matches, how can anyone be happy with these performances in comparison to the first dozen'ish games? How in god's name did JS get man of the match? How can anyone think that a win is a win when it's against such weak apponants, we are asking for trouble if we don't demand better. What's the problem with RR? I know he cant play with JS but he was awesome with the might LMc to give him decent service , seems to me win or draw we have died a death.
Reid is injured that's why he isn't even in the squad at the moment. A win is a win regardless. Come May a result like this could be the difference. Would you sooner we'd played well but dropped points and then missed out on the ultimate prize at the end of the season? MacAlinden is as much off the boil as Reid appears to be. He's playing with little confidence and no physical strength, too busy trying to look clever in stead of getting the basics done first. This all showed in one instant when he got the ball down by the touchline. He was surrounded by three players and was almost certainly going to have the ball taken off him at some point if he didn't get some support but instead of standing strong on two feet and trying to protect the ball, he's busy trying to roll the ball around with his studs and lost it almost instantly. If you compare like for like at the beginning of the season then of course you're not going to be happy with what's being dished up but if we're successful at the end of the season then you'll be happy we battled through days like yesterday.

CREDYGRECIAN

Mcalinden came on with gloves on......

It wasn't even cold.