• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Barnet Matchday Thread

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I often see Pym shouting to the wall to move. Only they don't hear him as they are looking at the ball. Simple tactic, one player in the wall turns around to face Pym and then shuffles them into place. Not sure why City haven't worked that one out yet.

Rog H K

Just seen the free-kick on the highlights - Pym was covering the right side of the goal, the wall was supposed to be covering the left side. I find it hard to believe the wall was in the right place given how hard the ball was struck - it cannot have moved much in that time. I don't think Ryan Watson would have attempted that kind of direct shot if there wasn't some minor misplacement of the wall. Something for Pym to work on perhaps.
Standing on the bank it looked like it curled round the end of the wall with a couple Barnet players on the corner of the wall. Perhaps we should have had someone behind them?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights

[video=youtube;nzeYiDugF-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzeYiDugF-Q[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzeYiDugF-Q

Alistair20000

I was unable to make the Sid James Park scene yesterday. How did the pitch play ? It did not look too bad on that video bearing in mind the soakings during the week. Credit to the groundstaff ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Looked heavy but playable - was never going to produce much football on it mind....

Standing on the bank it looked like it curled round the end of the wall with a couple Barnet players on the corner of the wall. Perhaps we should have had someone behind them?
As soon as I saw the wall lined up, I thought Pym was giving too much space to his left-hand post. I even said to my companion that the Barnet player wuold bend it round the wall that side and score. That said, it was a very well struck free-kick.

Mr.Sparkle

As soon as I saw the wall lined up, I thought Pym was giving too much space to his left-hand post. I even said to my companion that the Barnet player wuold bend it round the wall that side and score. That said, it was a very well struck free-kick.
Same here, huge empty space to aim at.

andrew p long

the best view of the wall is from the 'Match in a Minute' now on I-Follow. Looks to me like Boateng and Moxey at the end of the wall, who don't jump together and the ball appears go above/past Moxey. Don't think Pym is to blame as it is for the wall to do its best to cover that side of the goal.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looked heavy but playable - was never going to produce much football on it mind....
That’s the thing, I know we don’t like to see the long ball game, but Tisdale obviously feels we’re going to have to do that while the pitch is as it is.

Tbh, we can’t really complain too much as we’re finally getting regular home wins.

Slogger

Reading this thread I'm starting to seriously doubt my own opinion on football matches, how can anyone be happy with these performances in comparison to the first dozen'ish games? How in god's name did JS get man of the match? How can anyone think that a win is a win when it's against such weak apponants, we are asking for trouble if we don't demand better. What's the problem with RR? I know he cant play with JS but he was awesome with the might LMc to give him decent service , seems to me win or draw we have died a death.