• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vegans v Grecians - Match Day Thread (FGR vs ECFC)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I'm very pleased that following my suggestion, Tisdale has started the last two games with Reid playing, and not a 'chase the game' sub. The power of exeweb! (y)
I really don't know what Tiz and Exeter City would do without you Pate !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

[video=youtube;jWq0hTpYuX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWq0hTpYuX8[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWq0hTpYuX8

Ashford Grecian

Lloyd James take a bow that was a superb midfield display today, winning tackles, only one misplaced pass and picking out City players with ease with varying ranges of passing...
MOM for me and easily his best game in a City shirt... Holmes was full of tricks and Troy and JMT looked very solid at the back, Sweeney got skinned twice in the first half that aside did very well especially going forward... Very good performances from most of the lads today against a FGR side that are surely going back to the National League so will be amazed if we return to the town of Nailsworth for a league match next season.... For me the only player not at the races today was Tilson, getting caught out several times in midfield, missing tackles and most of his headers went the wrong way! FGR lost out on some serious revenue today especially with over 800 fans getting wet... The beer tent outside the ground was closed after the match started and the stewards advised that if you left the stand to try and get a beer there is no re-admission... So at £4.00 a pint I would reckon that around 150-200 of our following may have sheltered at half time with a beer / cider costing them £600-£800 in revenue...

Last edited:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a threat Lee Holmes is looking at the moment another cracking game again yesterday.

Grecian2K

What a threat Lee Holmes is looking at the moment another cracking game again yesterday.
Does seem (since he's moved to the "right" - which is rather ironic) to be filling a Wheeler shaped hole.

And with Reuben "banging em in", where's Ollie?? ;)

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I might be wrong but when their striker broke thru on the right side of the penalty and blasted at Pym (who saved) it seemed to me that Troy was only trotting towards the danger man. It surprised me. Although the striker didn't score it looked like JMT was having a bit of a go at Troy for not doing something. Is that your interpretation?
Had a look at the youtube highlights and the thing I was talking about is after their goal. Lloyd James has a go at JMT about the centre backs positioning - it's Troy who loses his man but he seems uncertain whether to go towards the ball or mark the striker who gets behind the defence way too easily - and then JMT gives James a mouthful back presumably referring to his own marking earlier judging by the pointing.

Last edited:

Slogger

We thoroughly enjoyed our day out yesterday storme's and all! I think we have a cracking team with loads of grit, still not loving the hoof ball it's going to catch us out, I see McAlinden and Reid making run after run getting in good goal scoring position but little in the way of quality service but hayhoe a great win once again.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently, according to social media, we also beat London Irish. We're really flying!

Oldsmobile-88

Think you will find there were numerous Grecians in the Home stands too ! ;)
There were a few of us in the Grandstand..I and a few others brought tickets on the day,a wise move given the weather.

Still a great turnout of home fans for a small town.FGR have certainly built up the their fan base in the past few years.
I had a great day out that started in The Green Man pub/club under the Main Stand & that contined with friendly Stewarts & fans when i sat down,I wish all away trips were similar.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

There were a few of us in the Grandstand..I and a few others brought tickets on the day,a wise move given the weather.

Still a great turnout of home fans for a small town.FGR have certainly built up the their fan base in the past few years.
I had a great day out that started in The Green Man pub/club under the Main Stand & that contined with friendly Stewarts & fans when i sat down,I wish all away trips were similar.
Not surprised Olds, I have been in that main stand on the odd occasion, the food is superb, the beer is great and it is very friendly