• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vegans v Grecians - Match Day Thread (FGR vs ECFC)

Legohead

Banned
Another amazing result today and in the 3rd kit too. I think it's the first time it's been match worn is it not? Great to read the reports from those who made the trip, a healthy 817 i believe. Crowd was 2,909 so just over 2,000 FGR fans in attendance which slightly surprised me. Obviously they are essentially still a 'village' team but they've made great strides in the last few years and have been gradually growing their fanbase but i did think they had more fans going to the New Lawn now. That figure did surprise me a little also with it being a west country-ish 'derby'.

Anyway, yet again a great round of applause for Tis and the lads today, the dreaded manager of the month curse isn't applicable to us as it's one award - one win. A couple more for Reid and bring on Barnet.

How did the veggie pies go down today?

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I too am surprised by the criticism. When he came on he was left up top on his own and did ok. Get a grip folks.
I'm confident he'll be OK.

We know what Stockley can do for us because

he's done it for us.

PeteUSA

Just seen the highlights over again: If nobody minds me saying: Not over the moon re: Pym for their goal. His only indecisive moment of the match. Had an excellent game again in general; keeper is definitely not a concern for us this season.

Legohead

Banned
I too have just seen the highlights. I always thought they stuck the away fans on the terrace behind the goal but both ends were home fans. Was the side stand all seater then or terrace?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
FFS Anyone having a go at Stockley after a total of about 30 minutes competitive football needs their heads read.

He's short of match fitness and on both occasions he's come on we've been defending leads. We know how good he is from when he was here before and given time he will come good.

Colesman Ballz

Another amazing result today and in the 3rd kit too. I think it's the first time it's been match worn is it not? Great to read the reports from those who made the trip, a healthy 817 i believe. Crowd was 2,909 so just over 2,000 FGR fans in attendance which slightly surprised me. Obviously they are essentially still a 'village' team but they've made great strides in the last few years and have been gradually growing their fanbase but i did think they had more fans going to the New Lawn now. That figure did surprise me a little also with it being a west country-ish 'derby'.

Anyway, yet again a great round of applause for Tis and the lads today, the dreaded manager of the month curse isn't applicable to us as it's one award - one win. A couple more for Reid and bring on Barnet.

How did the veggie pies go down today?
Think you will find there were numerous Grecians in the Home stands too ! ;)

PeteUSA

Over 800 made the trip! Quite fantastic. Never thought I'd see the day when there were so many travelling fans! (y)

ECFC89

Odd game. It didn't really feel like we ever had the ball. The weather was dreadful which probably explains the lack of passing football, but we weren't at our best today. And that's the best thing! We're comfortably winning while having, in my opinion, a bit of a footballing off day. Thought the defence were superb as ever, but Pym could of possibly given himself a better angle for their goal? Being picky though... the life of a goalkeeper!

Forest Green I thought were dreadful.

IndoMike

Wrong thread

Last edited:

Newtonpop

I too have just seen the highlights. I always thought they stuck the away fans on the terrace behind the goal but both ends were home fans. Was the side stand all seater then or terrace?
The highlights must have been really boring.