• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cathedral Green - Fire

Langer

Easy they themselves said the fire in the gallery was out or controlled and it wasn't then the hotel burnt down causing further millions of damage they should of been in that hotel up in the loft checking for fire then blasting the whole place with water/foam.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well quite Hants. I'm not sure we'll solve anything idly speculating about something we know absolutely nothing about on here.
And yet we've all been doing it for years.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Clarence hotel at 2pm today

Avening Posse

The Clarence hotel at 2pm today

So desperately sad

Terryhall

Wow. That pic really brings home the extent of the damage. Agree with the poster who proposed a crowdfunding for the restoration, i'm sure that would raise a decent sum.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow. That pic really brings home the extent of the damage. Agree with the poster who proposed a crowdfunding for the restoration, i'm sure that would raise a decent sum.
Surely with new owners the building would be fully insured and the average insurance clause would not apply? Although I must admit that the liability would probably fall on the insurers of the building where the fire started. Ironically that building hardly seems to be affected in looking at that photograph.

Spoonz Red E

Ironically that building hardly seems to be affected in looking at that photograph.
If you look at the aerial shots you'll see that it was completely gutted behind the facade.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you look at the aerial shots you'll see that it was completely gutted behind the facade.
Still unsure what state the Well tavern is in. Looks okayish from the photos.

Antony Moxey

Easy they themselves said the fire in the gallery was out or controlled and it wasn't then the hotel burnt down causing further millions of damage they should of been in that hotel up in the loft checking for fire then blasting the whole place with water/foam.
Cheers. Good to have the views of an expert on here. Please keep us updated on the cause and where it all went wrong.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member