• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cathedral Green - Fire

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bloody hell, Hants.

That is truly gobsmacking droneage:eek:

One small addendum.

Linking to the E&E site, what advert popped up on the page just now?

Lucifer - HOT AS HELL!

Last edited:

dontpassback

Not an expert,but would the gas not have been turned off when the art gallery went up? Is there a procedure for switching off the utilities,as i said i am no expert but would it be normal practise to leave the gas going ?

dontpassback

Hasten to add,very sad to see those buildings in flames and hopefully they will be restored to their former glory.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
On the commentary, it was said that apparently the fire is now out, according to a message sent to lammie. Hope this is correct for the sake of everyone living and working in the area.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Easy they themselves said the fire in the gallery was out or controlled and it wasn't then the hotel burnt down causing further millions of damage they should of been in that hotel up in the loft checking for fire then blasting the whole place with water/foam.
i'M no expert, but to my laymans eye, from what the orig vid's showed it didnt look as thought the fire bod's had enough equiptment there, but hey what do i know

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One of the City fans at the Globe Arena today, was part of the night crew at the Royal Clarence and helped with the evacuation. Hope he still has a job to go.

denzel

The drone shots are heartbreaking. Nothing left of the Clarence and the building next door

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This from Radio Devon on Twitter

While there are no visible flames, @DSFireUpdates say fire is not officially out as hot debris could yet spark new flames #exeterfire

Andy Holloway

Cheers. Good to have the views of an expert on here. Please keep us updated on the cause and where it all went wrong.
The knowledge gained from having watched 3 episodes of 'Fireman Sam'!

Grecian2K

The knowledge gained from having watched 3 episodes of 'Fireman Sam'!
A bit harsh there Andy. I have it on good authority that his mummy bought him the entire box set of Trumpton as well for his last birthday.